Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: False ocd thoughts

Re: False ocd thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Being honest nothing I just sit and suffer
    I think that’s the first time I’ve seen you be honest about it.

It’s really hard, I do know that. But perhaps it’s time to get some help for yourself? If you don’t feel that you can explain it properly to your GP, could you write it down and show them?
    Have you started back with your therapist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I think that’s the first time I’ve seen you be honest about it.

It’s really hard, I do know that. But perhaps it’s time to get some help for yourself? If you don’t feel that you can explain it properly to your GP, could you write it down and show them?
    Have you started back with your therapist?

Well I have around 8/9 sessions of thearpy and it stopped as she felt I had all the tools to get better she seemed to think I was better becuase at the time of my last session I was having a good week.

I had stopped therapy and did go back again for a few more but as she no longer wants to see me I would have to find an alternative therapist it’s something I will consider after my wedding in 4 months as it’s another expense at the moment. The gp won’t offer me any Cbt so it would be private again.

But what is your GP doing for you? Your anxiety seems to be quite bad and I refuse to believe they are just saying there’s nothing they can do

Today I have been tormented becuase I had a thought I touched the toilet brush and I carried on and did the dusting and never let it beat me. Tonight I worried my socks hit the toilet brush I Duno how I mean I have a toilet paper holder close by so maybe by feet hit that but worried my whole house is dirty I mean I thought why go for a shower I have already walked over the floor so again atleast I never showered but I have been tormented by these thoughts the toilet brush is my biggest fear at the moment.
    Also if I did hit the toilet brush I would have had to have pushed my foot right under the sink so I would have had to do something unnatural

Distract yourself, use relaxation techniques or mindfulness and move on. Repeat, repeat and keep on repeating until it works.

My partner cleaned the washing machine and caused a major stress. She put kitchen roll in the bin whilst holding a bit of the plastic inlays that goes on the machine. It may have been her other hand but I fear my clothes having bin germs so we are no longer talking. She can’t be trusted I can’t afford a new machine to replace it I will now worry as I tend to do. She can’t be trusted so I feel annoyed about getting married I am annoyed I never cleaned it myself to avoid this hassle. Nobody can reassure me my clothes will be clean becuase she has stressed now and they won’t be clean.

I hope you’ve calmed down over this now Phil? It’s very interesting how you say that she can’t be trusted, and also very sad. I hope you’ve both sorted it out.

In an ideal world There is no contamination and she shouldn’t have to be subjected to such extreme questions and behaviours. But this is your world and you’re going to have to find a way past this without a)splitting up b) buying a new washing machine. How do you think you can do this?

Quite honestly if my partner cleaned the washing machine I’d be so happy I’d probably propose!

You have lost control and are furious with your partner for breaking your rules. This is your problem not her "mistake". She has left you vulnerable to your contamination issues and you can't cope with this.

She will continue to make "mistakes" though (according to your reasoning) as your OCD gets stronger and stronger. Is this any way to start a marriage?

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    My partner cleaned the washing machine and caused a major stress. She put kitchen roll in the bin whilst holding a bit of the plastic inlays that goes on the machine. It may have been her other hand but I fear my clothes having bin germs so we are no longer talking. She can’t be trusted I can’t afford a new machine to replace it I will now worry as I tend to do. She can’t be trusted so I feel annoyed about getting married I am annoyed I never cleaned it myself to avoid this hassle. Nobody can reassure me my clothes will be clean becuase she has stressed now and they won’t be clean.
    So your "contamination" OCD hasn't loosened its grip on you and perhaps only took a back seat position whilst you were temporarily distracted by Stag Night worries.

Your partner needs to understand just how severely your OCD affects you, but you also need to accept that she can't be walking on eggshells afraid to make a mistake and trigger your OCD. As Pul says, this is no way to start a marriage, and I think you both need to seriously consider your future together before taking your vows.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Yes going back to an earlier worry about the chair in the end I got rid of the chair on the local paper free to collect as I worried it went in bathroom next to dirty laundry.
    I have not replaced the washing machine yet because I fear it coming in the house and going near bins that’s why I have not immediately replaced it. People never said why these bin germs don’t need replacing stuff? Bins ain’t clean when something is new it’s unlikey to have have had bin germs on it but these circumstances mean it could. At my mums house she touches bins all the time.
    So yes to sum up I have not got rid of the washing machine yet but it’s holding some water in the powder compartment so I may replace it I Duno what I shall do.
    I wont rule out more thearpy. I am not happy with my partner touching the bin but as she doesn’t have ocd there is always the odd issue that crops up 

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information