Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blood in phlegm

Nose bleed blood in phlegm

So was just stood in the kitchen at an hour ago and felt my right nostril and there was blood there not loads but enough to need a tissue and then I noticed there was blood in my phlegm. Seems to of settled now. This is the third time it’s happened in 4/5 months. And it’s only ever the right nostril. Should I be worried?

Re: Nose bleed blood in phlegm

I had two nosebleeds a week apart and did ALOT of reading about them. They’re usually harmless and from broken blood vessels in the nose. I also read that it takes a couple weeks for it to heal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:31 ----------

Also read there is no need to see a doctor unless you’re having more than 2 in two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Nose bleed blood in phlegm

Ah thanks for your response think I was more concerned because it was only from my right nostril

Bringing up blood

Really disappointed as yesterday was actually a really positive day for me anxiety wise.
    So around 7pm yesterday I was putting fuel in my car and all of a sudden tasted blood in my mouth. When I got back into the car I spat into a tissue and it was blood mixed with spit. (Bright red) I then bought up some phlegm and there was a fair bit of blood there (sorry tmi). I drank some water checked again by bringing up phlegm around half hour later and it looked clear.
    Nothing today.
    Does this seem concerning?

Re: Bringing up blood

It's most likely to be from your gums, which is pretty common.

Try flossing, if blood appears then it's even more likely.

Have you had a cough recently? A few years back I had a nasty chest infection and coughed up blood a couple of times. I was told that it can happen when you pinch a blood vessel with the effort of coughing, but it was nothing to worry about.

There are plenty of benign reasons that you'd cough up blood, but it's worth getting checked out anyway.

Thanks for your response.
    I really don’t think it was from my gums though :/
    I’ve had an ongoing cough for around 7 weeks! I don’t feel Ill at all just a dry cough. My GP said it may be to do with anxiety or GERD. I had a chest X-ray at beginning of June which came back all clear. As did bloods. (Apart from bilirubin levels higher than the norm but I’ve since had a scan on my liver and came back clear)
    Just frightening when you see blood and you don’t know where it’s coming from or why.

I have a problem with GERD I do get issues wity my throat but no blood, the only time I get blood is when I go for a run or after cycling and I clear my throat. Do you clear your throat a lot? It may cause it to bleed. Also GERD can irritated the esophagus.

Thanks for responding.
    Not sure what’s going on. I guess I do clear my throat a fair bit if I really think about it.
    It happened again last night.
    Frightens me and makes me go into a bit of a panic.
    Hubby said I should try not to worry as it soon stops and also there’s not loads of it. It’s very red though.

If you still have the cough it's possible that you'll strain enough to bring up the odd bit of blood. As I said it happened to me a few times.

But I would still get it checked.

Thanks, I’ve managed to get an appointment to see my GP on Monday morning.
    As for coughing thatsbreally settled and I’ve hardly coughed over the last week

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information