Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scared of heart failure...

Haven’t slept good in 2 weeks

So, my anxiety has been at its worst these past 2 weeks but the scariest symptom I have is the insomnia and lack of sleep. I haven’t gotten 7-8 hours of sleep in about 2 weeks. Maybe 3 or 4. Yesterday was about 4 1/5 hours, the night before maybe 5 hours. Some nights i’d Sleep for 2 or 3 hours, wake up have a mini panic attack, sleep for 2 hours wake up again with a mini panic attack and sleep for another 2 hours.

I’m scared of my sleep deprivation. Anyone else ever have this? Can the heart take this kind of abuse? I mean, I was just getting over my anxiety because I haven’t had a full blown attack in about 3 days but I’m scared because of my lack of good sleep.

I also have to admit, for the past 5 days I’ve been able to go to sleep faster in minutes compared to hours like last week. But now my problem is a cant sleep for long periods of time without waking up.

---------- Post added 19-07-18 at 00:02 ---------- Previous post was 18-07-18 at 23:12 ----------

No one? :/

Re: Haven’t slept good in 2 weeks

Interesting....a couple of days ago the lack of eating and possible refeeeding symptom was the scariest symptom.

I’ll explain what’s going on here evern though you already know....This is classic health anxiety. First comes the crippling anxiety, then comes the search for an outlet. A couple days ago it was refeeding syndrome, today it’s lack of sleep. You’ll get enough replies to reassure you here, and within 48 hours you’ll be right back with another fear. That’s how this works. Your best bet would be to stop looking for reassurance here and instead spend your time treating your anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredAsHeck View Post
    You’re right. My fears are irrational and silly.
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by AMomentofClarity View Post
    Interesting....a couple of days ago the lack of eating and possible refeeeding symptom was the scariest symptom.

I’ll explain what’s going on here evern though you already know....This is classic health anxiety. First comes the crippling anxiety, then comes the search for an outlet. A couple days ago it was refeeding syndrome, today it’s lack of sleep. You’ll get enough replies to reassure you here, and within 48 hours you’ll be right back with another fear. That’s how this works. Your best bet would be to stop looking for reassurance here and instead spend your time treating your anxiety.
    Well I truly feel my anxiety has died down a bit, no more full blown panic attacks, I’m eating decently again. I even went to the gym today. What originally started my anxiety to get as bad as it was was my lack of sleep and the constant thoughts of the consequences of sleep deprivation, that kind of spiraled into the mess I was in which lead to my previous posts on here. Now I’m back at square one which was the sleep thing. Have you ever went through something like that? Just poor sleep for days, I’m talking interrupted sleep, insomnia, few hours (3-4) for days.. I just want a good 7-8 hours and I will probably feel much better.

---------- Post added at 00:30 ---------- Previous post was at 00:28 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Positive thoughts
    I read one of your posts (by chance) about how you went through what I pretty much did. Poor sleep, insomnia, constant fast heart & anxiety and how Xanax helped you. I have a bottle of .25mg by my doctor. Debating if I should take one tonight to help knock me out.

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredAsHeck View Post
    I read one of your posts (by chance) about how you went through what I pretty much did. Poor sleep, insomnia, constant fast heart & anxiety and how Xanax helped you. I have a bottle of .25mg by my doctor. Debating if I should take one tonight to help knock me out.
    Yeah... When my wife was in the hospital, I was stressed beyond the limit. I'm not a sufferer but I had several stress related symptoms: Insomnia, twitches, muscle tightness, loss of appetite and a few more. I didn't have a fast heart rate but as anyone would be doing in my circumstance, I was constantly worried about my wife. I nearly lost her.

I called my doctor and asked for a "chill pill". The Xanax really helped. Just be really careful and only use them when you really need it as steady use can lead to addiction. During that time the most I took one was twice a week.

I really think getting real life help or if you have the ambition and drive, self help with the FREE CBT course offered here would be the direction to head. Just pointing you in the right direction here... Hopefully you'll follow the path.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I never get more than 6 hours of sleep a night and I take strong sleeping pills and cannabis. I'm still alive lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Yeah... When my wife was in the hospital, I was stressed beyond the limit. I'm not a sufferer but I had several stress related symptoms: Insomnia, twitches, muscle tightness, loss of appetite and a few more. I didn't have a fast heart rate but as anyone would be doing in my circumstance, I was constantly worried about my wife. I nearly lost her.

I called my doctor and asked for a "chill pill". The Xanax really helped. Just be really careful and only use them when you really need it as steady use can lead to addiction. During that time the most I took one was twice a week.

I really think getting real life help or if you have the ambition and drive, self help with the FREE CBT course offered here would be the direction to head. Just pointing you in the right direction here... Hopefully you'll follow the path.

Positive thoughts
    I’m very sorry you had to go through something like that and I hope she is doing much much better. Yeah I pretty much have all those symptoms, the fast heartbeat is only around when I think about it too hard, yesterday it was in the 60s and 70s pretty much all day.

I only took Xanax twice, last time was Sunday morning so I think I may take it again tonight. I heard of the addiction stories but I have such a small dosage and I’m not one who is keen on meds for help, unless really needed. I’m seeing a counselor at my church every Tuesday, he’s great but he really wants me to take meds. Some counselors/psychologists are against medication for anxiety though. So it’s like...should I listen or beat this another way. I know googling doesn’t help but you can find some neat tips and tricks for dealing with anxiety on there too.

Sometimes I just feel like it’s me vs the world.

Yes, having a newborn - I barely slept for a year. You’ll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Debating if I should take melatonin pill. I took a .125mg of Xanax last night, didn’t work lol.

Anyone have success with melatonin?

How to get over heart anxiety?

I think heart anxiety is the absolute worst type of anxiety, nothing comes close. Constantly checking your pulse and multiplying it by either 6, 4 or 3 to see your bpm. Always having an elevated resting heart rate because you’re so focused on it. Being aware of every heartbeat, feeling your pulse in your arms, hands, chest. Feeling every skip, pause or extra beat.

What gives me anxiety is when my heart is beating too fast or skips or feels like a pause. It feels like a never ending worry but I know if I can beat this fear I’ll beat my anxiety for good. Anyone of you guys have any tips for this? I’ve come along way with anxiety but today I got my first panic attack after one week of no attacks. Why? Because my heart was beating fast when I was driving and I paid attention to it way too much and it ended up chilling at 120bpm for a few minutes and subsided.

Also I’ve noticed Im starting to get startled more easily now especially when I’m driving or loud noises, normal for anxiety as well?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information