Thread: Agoraphobic and moving house

Agoraphobic and moving house

I’m just after some advice..

I’ve suffered with agoraphobia for the last 2 years, in that time I’ve left the house only a handful of times and it’s always caused big anxiety, even though I can normally calm down whilst actually out, until the crash/drained feeling kicks in!
    I currently live with my parents but me and my boyfriend have now rented a lovely house for us to move in to. The house is literally half a mile away (I’m sure you can even see the new house from my parents) but it might as well be on the moon.
    When moving weekend came around it was stressful but I was coping (not great but atleast I could handle being there).
    Since then it’s just gone down hill! For the last three weeks since the move I’ve spent less and less time there and when I do go I panic and feel awful and only settle when I’m back at my parents house. It’s resulted in me staying back with my parents and occasionally trying to visit the house. Running away from it is obviously making it worse but I don’t think I can handle staying in a panicky environment constantly.
    I really don’t know what to do for the best. I’m desperate to live there but it seems my silly anxiety has other ideas. Does anyone pleaseeeee have any tips or ideas on what I can do???
    Thanks!

Re: Agoraphobic and moving house

Hi cass1. Have you managed to break free from your parents place to your own?

Thread Information