Thread: Flu like symptoms after anxiety attack?

Flu like symptoms after anxiety attack?

Last Sunday I had what I can only describe as an anxiety attack. My husband and I went to a baptism party and being in large crowds with many people gives me some uneasiness. I do suffer from anxiety and I feel like I've experienced a slight attack before. I suddenly felt hot, my cheeks got red, sweaty palms, dry mouth, rapid heart beat. I lied down to calm down which eventually helped. I felt rundown after, almost slightly depressed.

The whole week after up until today I've been experiencing body aches, slight throat pain, slight hip pain, and stomach issues. I thought I was getting sick the first few days but it would go away and come the next day in mid afternoon, after eating and having coffee. I felt this way a year ago and it passed and I believe it was after some type of anxiety.

It's freaking me out. Has anyone experienced feeling this way after anxiety?
    Last edited by Girl18; 01-10-18 at 01:19.

Re: Flu like symptoms after anxiety attack?

Hiya, yes I have felt this way countless times after a bad panic attack. It's because all the adrenaline really pushes your system and makes your body work hard, so afterward you do feel tired, unwell etc. for a while.

Re: Flu like symptoms after anxiety attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Graceski View Post
    Hiya, yes I have felt this way countless times after a bad panic attack. It's because all the adrenaline really pushes your system and makes your body work hard, so afterward you do feel tired, unwell etc. for a while.
    Thanks for replying I've been feeling pretty shitty the past week.My whole body feels completely out of wack and it seems to have triggered IBS issues too. This sucks.

Thread Information