Thread: Actually feeling proud of myself? For a change

Actually feeling proud of myself? For a change

Now, a part of me is scared of making this post and slipping right back into my only ways (I feel like that has defo happened before!)

So, I manged a flight over and back. Manged not to have a heart attack or anything I was worried about. Did mange to bring a head-cold of some type with me! Feel all stuffed up and icky! But for once...it's nothing big (No big serious illness). It's just a head-cold. It will pass in a few days. It's been a long, long road but I've slowly and surely started to believe that maybe not everything is a reason for worry or running to the doctors. I won't list out everything I had tested here! I've done that lots before and it never helped me one bit!

I've suffered with mental health issues...nearly all my life. Yet health anxiety has really taken the tool on me! I've been in therapy for awhile now and I feel like I'm moving forward. I recently was away from home and I found I didn't have the same issues sleeping or worrying. It seems the place I thought was my safe place may make me dwell even more.

I've got a long way to go but I'm moving forward! I've really tried my best to work on things with my family and friends. Build contacts even further, I can see the change so if there's a bad moment. I try to remind myself of the good! It feels good to know people can know that you can listen to them after them listening to you for so long.

My sister wedding is in just under 3 months! I've know lost a stone in weight! All with work at the gym and just being careful with food. Not over or under doing it with diet!

There's so much positive stuff I could say here, which makes a change! I know there's other stuff besides health anxiety but I'm working on that in therapy. Not to beat myself up to much if I do have a slip back with the health but I hope it's final heading towards the good days. Where I don't always think about heart attacks, tumors, etc etc. I'm 22 and I want to enjoy life.

Re: Actually feeling proud of myself? For a change

Wonderful post, Louise! You've made a real breakthrough and can now see how unhelpful symptom blogging can be and how it interferes with recovery from HA.

Great that you had such a successful time away from home and you've got the wedding to look forward to! It's going to be a wonderful day for all your family and you are also going to be so much better mentally so plenty of reasons to celebrate!

Keep going with all this positive work-I'm so pleased for you! xx

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Wonderful post, Louise! You've made a real breakthrough and can now see how unhelpful symptom blogging can be and how it interferes with recovery from HA.

Great that you had such a successful time away from home and you've got the wedding to look forward to! It's going to be a wonderful day for all your family and you are also going to be so much better mentally so plenty of reasons to celebrate!

Keep going with all this positive work-I'm so pleased for you! xx
    Thank you so much for the reply Pulisa! You truly given me some amazing advice over my time here. I've truly thought about it over and over again.

The wedding should be here soon! My nerves are a bit high as my sister wedding dress isn't coming in yet and she's calling me everyday a bit worried about if it will fit or not!! Understanble so!! They ordered it to a different size then she wanted!! So I would be in edge also if I was worried about the dress fitting!!

I've been hit with a real nasty head cold or some type of cold. Plenty of iscky nose Bussiness and it can't make up its mind if it's blocked or not. All that nasty stuff that comes along with it!! Im proud of myself for going into
    College and handing in a lab report but I did go right home...maybe brought myself some ice cream... To help with the thoart pain of course . I've taken some cold medicine so just gotta wait for this to blow over!! And maybe sure to have plenty of tissues at the ready!

It's strange but like I said before. It's strange to just take this as a cold, not worrying about it being something more or looking for more and more. Before something this simple could set me off which is how overwhelmed I used to be. Small steps! Small steps!

I did get some sad news, that our family dog of 14 years died unexpectedly last night so that's had me in a bit of a funky also.

That's such sad news, Louise-I'm very sorry. I had to have my much loved guinea pig put to sleep today too. They are part of your family, aren't they, and bereavement is horrible.14 years is a long time to share with a pet companion-all the more distressing when they leave us xx

Yay you! This is brilliant

Once I conquered my fear of trains, everything else started to slip into place. You are doing so well, and EVERY accomplishment should be celebrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 20:38 ---------- Previous post was at 20:38 ----------

Sorry about your family dog. And your guinea pig Pulisa xx

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    That's such sad news, Louise-I'm very sorry. I had to have my much loved guinea pig put to sleep today too. They are part of your family, aren't they, and bereavement is horrible.14 years is a long time to share with a pet companion-all the more distressing when they leave us xx
    I'm so sorry for your loss! Truly, I know the pain. When my other dog died a few years back my then boyfriend couldn't understand why I was so upset about it. He had never had any pets and thought I was over reacting! A pet sometimes can be the only comfort you have when everything getting you down. I know my dog used to sit beside me and just look towards me when I was at my worst points in my life. I think it's hard because I'm away from home and didn't get the chance for anything really since it was so unexpected. I hope you're doing okay, I know it can be hard to deal with

---------- Post added at 01:34 ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Yay you! This is brilliant

Once I conquered my fear of trains, everything else started to slip into place. You are doing so well, and EVERY accomplishment should be celebrated.

---------- Post added at 20:38 ---------- Previous post was at 20:38 ----------

Sorry about your family dog. And your guinea pig Pulisa xx

Thank you so much Scass! I'm glad you had that break through with dealing with trains! My Mam had a issues like that a few years ago. I know it isn't easy so well done! Sometimes you need a first step forward for other things to start falling into place on the path!

I was rather proud of myself today, I just took it easy. I took some cold meds (Which is also another step, normally I freak about taking anything as I worried about some type of side effect) and maybe wished I brought softer tissue paper as my nose is looking a little like...a certain red nosed reindeer the last few hours ! I also didn't start poking at my neck at all! Looking for lumps or something like oh. Is this the start of something sinister like I would normally do! It's like I said, little steps.

This cold seems to be taking a lot out of me!!! My head feels so heavy and I feel so weak!! My nose is so clugged that it's a bit hard to breath!!! But in good nose!! My nose doesn't look like the brightest raindear of them all anywhere lol!! I doing my best to remind myself it's just a cold but I have a few down moments.

I'm also following a new deit for my stomach and my skin is NOT liking it.

But in good news!!! My sister wedding dress is finally going tk be in on Friday!! It's been over a year since she ordered it at this stage with like less then 3 months to the wedding its nice to finally have that in.

In uni I got back the result of a test and I manged to get a higher grade then expected!!

So all in all, its been a few okay days with a few down moments but mostly good!!!

Thread Information