Thread: Smelling cigarette smoke

Smelling cigarette smoke

Hallo Everybody,
    I had a mild cold two weeks ago. Since then I am having a smell that isnt there namely I smell strong smoke. Currently I am freaked out by it since there is no more cold symptoms to worry me.

I dont know how serious to take this. I did google and I totally regret it since I am now really panicky. How long should I wait before seeing a dr? Any advice will be appreciated.

Re: Smelling cigarette smoke

How often does this happen ? Is it all the time? Are you sure there is no smoke present?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi Nicola,
    its only in the evenings. During the day its not present at all. It is a really scary sensation since I know there is no smoke when I sit in my livingroom...thing is I thought to give it two weeks and then decide whether or not to go to the doc.
    It can just be psycosomatic or if not, I will not perish in the next 24 hours because of it. So I aim to keep calm, carry on, stay mindful and try not to panic.
    If anyone has similar experiences I would be curious.

We used to get an odd smell of "herbal" cigs in our house in the evenings, it was the lad next door smoking round the side of our house by an air grate where his parents couldn't see.

Sometimes you can be surprised where smells drift from.

LeFi81

This could be caused by a sinus issue from your recent infection. My dad had a horrible smell in his nose (no one else could smell it) and it turned out it was a sinus infection.

BUT the fact yours isn't constant would suggest it's something in your environment.

The sort of smells that are worrying tend to be overpowering, come and go very quickly (e.g. under 5 minutes) and are associated with other symptoms...

Good luck

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Thx for all the replies. Sometimes HA really catches me off guard and today I am all exhausted after the panic...the familiar cycle

I think it could be related to my sinusses. My nose feels so "dry" and irritated. If it continues I will go see my doc...smokey smell is there tonight again but I am chilled.

Thread Information