Thread: 5-HTP

5-HTP

can someone tell me what their experiences are with taking 5-HTP?

someone told me about it and thinks i should start taking a very low dose occasionally to help with my anxiety. are there any risks to this?

Re: 5-HTP

5HTP organic supplement is said to be safe if you take it as a single supplement therapy. It is mostly taken per os by mood disorder patients. It is said to help ease mood disorder and depression. It is a natural serotonin builder in the brain. Therefore, it is advisable to avoid SSRIs and anti depressant pharmaceutical preparations from the pharmacy so that unnecessary extra serotonin level is built up.

Re: 5-HTP

Quote Originally Posted by 48tce View Post
    can someone tell me what their experiences are with taking 5-HTP?

someone told me about it and thinks i should start taking a very low dose occasionally to help with my anxiety. are there any risks to this?

I think 5-HTP is geared more towards increasing serotonin levels - my use of it has found me having very vivid dreams (not nightmares) so it definitely does something.

Just be careful which brand you buy - I bought 200mg capsules that were definitely stronger than 400mg capsules from another seller.

I think Ashwaghanda is more geared towards specific anxiety issues?

Thread Information