Thread: Bad taste in mouth for days

Bad taste in mouth for days

I've had a bad taste in my mouth for three days now. It's almost soapy, or medicinal. And my throat is a little scratchy in the same area. It's like in the very back of my throat. I've never experienced a bad taste last longer than a few hours. I don't think I have any dental health issues - I floss daily and brush my teeth 2-3 times a day, and don't have any bleeding or redness in my gums. Any idea what would cause this taste? And how to get it to go away? I did just get through a bout of tonsillitis. My family says either sinus drainage or acid reflux but I've never had this problem before and of course Google says much, much worse (including possibly a stroke?!?!?).

Re: Bad taste in mouth for days

With the recent tonsil issues, tonsil stones perhaps? My wife gets them and gets a nasty taste in her mouth as well as a feeling of something irritating.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Bad taste in mouth for days

I've been dealing with the same thing and my doctor thinks sinus or acid reflux as well. I just had a sinus infection, but also sometimes get reflux. For me, it comes and goes - it'll be there for a day or two, then stop only to return the next day. It could definitely be reflux for you, especially with the scratchy throat. I don't get heartburn with my reflux. Mine stays in my throat area and I'll wake up with a scratchy throat/feel like I have to clear my throat a lot. It could also be tonsil stones, like fishmanpa says.

Thread Information