From time to time on nmp some of us share recipes and I thought I'd share one that I tried today. Some of you may already use it but was the first time for me and it was really yum.

It's a short-cut version of a traditional cauliflower cheese, but no flour or butter and no messing about with making a cheese sauce.

Ingredients :

1 medium cauliflower without the leaves and cut into florets, or a pack of frozen florets thawed
125ml or half cup of milk (I used half fat)
1 garlic clove crushed (I used a teaspoon of garlic paste)
1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup either regular or fat free
100g or 1 cup of grated cheese of choice

Method:

Pre heat oven to 180c or gas 4 ( apologies but not sure what the farenheit equivalent is)

In a large bowl mix the milk, garlic, condensed soup and half the cheese together, then add the cauliflower and mix in well. Transfer to an oiled baking dish or tray, sprinkle the rest of the cheese over and bake in centre of the oven for 50mins or until the cauliflower is tender.

I covered mine with foil for the first half hour so the cheese didn't burn, then uncovered it for the rest of the time. Despite the soup being creamy it's not heavy like the traditional sauce, and it takes no time to prepare.

For those who try it I hope you enjoy it as much as my family did

Cath x