Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BALD

BALD

When's the last time you saw a bald man dating/going out with a really good looking woman?

It's rare in my opinion, even for those bald guys who still look good with a bald head.

A receding and obvious balding is clearly unattractive but totally bald puts women off too. Of course there'll be some women who will be into the bald look but it's more of a "fetish" kind of thing. Baldness is seen as universally unattractive and if you are bald at a relatively young age, your dating prospects really take a blow.

I'm in my mid 30s now and still searching for someone to share my life with. I don't want to believe all the sympathetic cries of "it's what inside that counts" and it's about confidence etc. but the reality is that women care about looks as much as men do and generally speaking baldness is not viewed as attractive. A bald shiny head is for the vast majority of women not something that turns their heads in the same way overweight women aren't going to have men chasing after them in a hurry.

Re: BALD

I totally disagree with you on this one and don't like the comment about overweight women as I am overweight

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Wow.... what sweeping scathing statements. completely wrong ones too.

I can make a scathing statement too..... maybe you are in your mid 30's still searching because of your attitudes towards love and women!

what on earth has this got to do with anxiety too??

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Don't talk rot! Looking "good" or "bad" has nothing to do with hairline or weight and everything to do with attitude, preference and perception.

The complaints are coming in thick and fast

Never Surrender, Comrade

FYI I dated someone last year who was both bald and overweight and I do not have a fetish for bald men. I think I am quite attractive as well. I actually fell in love with his lovely smile. I am in my 50's.

I think your comments are going to upset a few people to be fair.
    Last edited by nomorepanic; 06-10-18 at 00:15.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

As a Mr. Clean look-alike, I disagree strongly with your statements

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I would be more worried about finding somebody who can accept someone with mental health problems rather than if they're bald.

My long term Partner obviously finds me attractive. Do i think i'm attractive..... nope, i'd say my eyes are to close together, my face is to long and yes my hairs falling out. Do i find her attractive.... hell yes!

My mental health problems came to a head a year after we had been together, has she ever made it an issue? Nope not once ever, even though i had a great career which i don't have now due to my mental health.

She's had a year of me before and 12 1/2 with my problems. I had a wobble 2 years ago with our relationship, but sorted myself as i must've needed my head testing.
    Last edited by BikerMatt; 06-10-18 at 01:44.

There is bald and then there is shaved. Bald as in desperately trying to cling to long wavy strands of hair like a contestant from a re-run of 80's Bullseye is going to be frowned upon because it looks unattractive. Bald but shaved nice & low makes you 'ard and many women go for the bad boy, squaddie type look. Anyone who doubts that wants to head to my county where skinheads have been common for many decades.

But then it's all generalisation. Women are as varied as men. Whilst the OP has made generalisations so have the "non men" in this thread too about the OP when we know nothing and really he is only presenting one argument that covers some women and men. Some men are turned off by overweight women, some men are turned off by skinny women, some men are turned off by this or that. And if you think women only look what's inside men and ignore the exterior then we must come from different worlds.

It's about some men or women.

Baldness is seen as a failing in men, it has been for a long time. It's up there with a beer gut. But due to many celebrities adopting the shaven look the obvious baldness underneath it has become less of an issue. It's been associated with rugged looks, not pretty boy looks. Women who prefer a pretty boy aren't likely to want Phil Mitchell over a TOWIE reject.

Confidence goes a long way in looks but that's not always enough. Some people have stronger preferences towards certain looks. Would women go for a slob picking his nose...as long as he's confident? Probably not.

---------- Post added at 01:56 ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    I would be more worried about finding somebody who can accept someone with mental health problems rather than if they're bald.

My long term Partner obviously finds me attractive. Do i think i'm attractive..... nope, i'd say my eyes are to close together, my face is to long and yes my hairs falling out. Do i find her attractive.... hell yes!

My mental health problems came to a head a year after we had been together, has she ever made it an issue? Nope not once ever, even though i had a great career which i don't have now due to my mental health.

She's had a year of me before and 12 1/2 with my problems. I had a wobble 2 years ago with our relationship, but sorted myself as i must've needed my head testing.
    Yeah, imagine entering "mental health problems" on your dating profile. What % of women automatically click off? The same with men.

Some women look beyond that and some women have their own mental health problems so will be accepting as they are asking men to accept their baggage. And then there will be some men & women who don't want the baggage despite having their own.

Has it ever been any different? How many walk away once they hear she's a single mum or him long term unemployed or their are addictions involved?

Some women (and men) dislike tattoos. Some will write that on their dating profile. Some like certain "proportions". So, it's not always what's inside that gets you through the door and I think this is the point being made.

Must admit though due to the bolding of the thread title I was expecting this to be some sort of self help method

---------- Post added at 02:34 ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 ----------

I present my evidence...

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    There is bald and then there is shaved. Bald as in desperately trying to cling to long wavy strands of hair like a contestant from a re-run of 80's Bullseye is going to be frowned upon because it looks unattractive. Bald but shaved nice & low makes you 'ard and many women go for the bad boy, squaddie type look. Anyone who doubts that wants to head to my county where skinheads have been common for many decades.

But then it's all generalisation. Women are as varied as men. Whilst the OP has made generalisations so have the "non men" in this thread too about the OP when we know nothing and really he is only presenting one argument that covers some women and men. Some men are turned off by overweight women, some men are turned off by skinny women, some men are turned off by this or that. And if you think women only look what's inside men and ignore the exterior then we must come from different worlds.

Baldness is seen as a failing in men, it has been for a long time. It's up there with a beer gut. But due to many celebrities adopting the shaven look the obvious baldness underneath it has become less of an issue. It's been associated with rugged looks, not pretty boy looks. Women who prefer a pretty boy aren't likely to want Phil Mitchell over a TOWIE reject.

Confidence goes a long way in looks but that's not always enough. Some people have stronger preferences towards certain looks. Would women go for a slob picking his nose...as long as he's confident? Probably not.

---------- Post added at 01:56 ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 ----------

Yeah, imagine entering "mental health problems" on your dating profile. What % of women automatically click off? The same with men.

Some women look beyond that and some women have their own mental health problems so will be accepting as they are asking men to accept their baggage. And then there will be some men & women who don't want the baggage despite having their own.

Has it ever been any different? How many walk away once they hear she's a single mum or him long term unemployed or their are addictions involved?

Some women (and men) dislike tattoos. Some will write that on their dating profile. Some like certain "proportions". So, it's not always what's inside that gets you through the door and I think this is the point being made.

Must admit though due to the bolding of the thread title I was expecting this to be some sort of self help method

---------- Post added at 02:34 ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 ----------

I present my evidence...

Lol Terry

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post

This is true: the OP has simply reflected and adopted societal prejudices which are unfortunately very prevalent. Moreover, these skewed generalisations of what "normal" should be are ruining many (especially young) people's lives. Add mental illness into the mix and matters become even more distorted and dangerous.

And of course, to think that either gender only sees what's on the "inside" is not a true reflection of reality either. The problem is that outside pressures have created a very imbalanced and confused picture.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information