Thread: Paget's Disease Fears

Paget's Disease Fears

I have had the most stressful year of my life and my health anxiety has kicked in again. However, I am extremely worried about redness and soreness on one nipple. I have had eczema all my life with the last really bad bout 12 years ago when I was covered from head to toe. My skin was red raw, bleeding and painful. Occasionally I have had patches in random places since then, and it is definitely in my system.

I have googled and terrified myself that the only possible diagnosis is Paget's disease. I went to the doctor two weeks's ago and was prescribed steroid cream. This seems to have made things a bit worse in terms of soreness. The doctor struggled to see what I was worried about when she examined me but has referred me to the breast clinic anyway. I am 52.

I know that I am on full panic alert about life right now, under the weather but this has scared the living daylights out of me. My sensible self says that this condition is very rare but given how things have been this year, I cannot rationalise. Any sensible comments would be SO welcome. Thank you.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Paget's Disease Fears

After the obvious trauma you suffered in the past, and the recent spike in your HA, it's understandable your "rational" self has left the building. But you must hold on to the fact that if a doctor is not concerned about such a "rare" condition, neither should you.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Re: Paget's Disease Fears

Thank you for your rational and considerate response. You make sense and my rational self knows this. x

Thread Information