Thread: really worried - massive bruise and getting worse

really worried - massive bruise and getting worse

so basically i was out on tuesday night drinking and the next day noticed this absolutely massive bruise on my leg which i have no idea how i got, and comparing pics of it between thursday and now it looks worse, i’m really worried it’s a blood clot or bleeding under the skin or something i think a haemoatoma ?? i’ll attach the pictures below, my family are all saying it’s just a bruise but it’s really freaking me out, i might go to boots and ask the pharmacist tomorrow but i don’t want to spend all night freaking out worried i won’t wake up in the morning, can someone provide reassurance or anything please
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: really worried - massive bruise and getting worse

That is a big bruise granted, but it's definitely nothing more than a bruise. You'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    That is a big bruise granted, but it's definitely nothing more than a bruise. You'll be fine
    hahah thank you for the reassurance !

I have one like that on my thigh - it is just starting to fade now after a week. Mine has a small lump in one part of it but I have no idea what that is - but not worried about it anyway.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Well, a bruise IS bleeding under the skin, caused by trauma. You noticed it the day after going out drinking and can't remember hitting your leg - but I'd put money on the fact you certainly did hit yourself when out and about. I had a standard bruise exactly like that one you show here, to the left of my knee after hitting it on a rock last week. They do get worse for a couple of days, then they change colour (go more green and yellow) and start to fade. NO need to be concerned.

A bruise is bleeding under the skin and a hematoma is fairly common with a bruise! So you're right on all parts but it's not dangerous and man that's a bruise alright! It will get worse before it gets better but I doubt it's gotten much worse than that last picture.. The body sends it's army over to heal it and whilst it's healing it does all weird things that we think are 'getting worse' but if it's not hot and it's not pusing and there's no streak of colour which THERE ISN'T then just leave it .. I put honey and a gauze over my bruises so I don't watch them all the time and the honey is acting as an antiseptic. - I'm sure the honey really doesn't do anything but makes me feel better
    Trust your body to HEAL and it will be TENDER For like weeks ... .you'll be ok!

Thread Information