Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CBD oil? Shall I try it?

CBD oil? Shall I try it?

Hello,

Super quick I see lots of people commenting about CBD oil and I would love some feedback maybe even get a bit of a ball rolling to see how people feel about it, o
    If you've tried it ect because apart from online reviews (I don't trust 'em!) You can't find much!

I'm currently working on weaning myself of a very low dose of Mirtazapine 7.5mg as I'm 26 and I want to able to go out and enjoy myself but I've heard horror stories about drinking on meds so I haven't.

I purchased some CBD oil this week and without hesitation I used it a few drops under my tongue it tasted awful. I had a pretty bad experience with a space cake in Amsterdam (when in Rome&#128514 so I'm nervous when anything cannibis related is mentioned but I figure CBD has almost no trace of THC so I shouldn't get the same effects right?

Let's chat, discuss and please let me know if you use it or if you know someone who does I'm very interested!

Re: CBD oil? Shall I try it?

I take CBD for another condition. You're right there is only a trace of THC in it so no high etc but there are still drug interactions and side effects. Most are minor and dose dependant. You also still need to taper up to avoid an upset stomach. What Mg did you buy?

i do regular teas, basically anything warm calms be down

I currently suffering with awful anx and depersonalisation and at the moment the anx thoughts are 24/7. Heard a lot about CBD oil and wondering if it would help at all in my case?
    I have been offered Citalopram 10mg but am very nervous taking it and trying to find alternatives.

I am the same Eric, I have joined a group on facebook called CBD users UK seems a lot of people are using it for anxiety and panic attacks, worth asking there. I want to try natural alongside CBT to see how that works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DNR View Post
    I am the same Eric, I have joined a group on facebook called CBD users UK seems a lot of people are using it for anxiety and panic attacks, worth asking there. I want to try natural alongside CBT to see how that works for me.
    Might take a look at that Facebook group.
    I am trying natural as well, not got access to CBT currently as my GP didnt give me a referral depite saying I had severe anxiety. I have been reading up on various herbal remedies & vitamins.

I've read a lot about CBD oil, however I am curious, Cannabis was the original trigger for my anxiety over 20 years ago will this oil cure something it started?

Well - the guinea pig here. I JUST tried it. Only in 5mg dosages 2 nights in a row - gummy form. Slower absorption than oil under the tongue or the spray under the tongue or the vaping of it.

I got it from a reputable health store 2 minutes from my office. CBD Plus Oil. Here in the US, nothing is federally legal but things are legal state to state. I live in a state where it is NOT legal to smoke actual marijuana but CBD is sold legally. There is medicinal marijuana in state however you really have to jump like hoops for it unlike California. I used to smoke when I was younger. That never bothered me much until a couple years after I had my first major panic attack. I found out why - THC. THC can trigger anxiety/make it worse while smoking. CBD evens it out and kind of counteracts the THC psychoactive effects. That's why you have different strains apparently - learned all this on the good old internet. CBD will not get you high and doesn't contain THC. But you have to research because a lot being sold are hemp only (no cbd oil and not the hemp extract which is what helps), not tested by a 3rd party lab or made with synthetics.

Dosage wise, while it's not FDA approved and regulated, dosages vary and potencies vary - so it's important to research. That being said, they say work your way up from small like 1mg (I started and still am at 5 to learn) and go up from there. Less is better and less is more they say. I will next go up to 10mg as I feel the 5mg just doesn't cut it. The first night I did notice a nice warming, calming effect go over me - very relaxed but not at all "stoned."

Hope this helps.

I've been taking CBD oil (from hemp - USA so cannabis derivative is not an option - only trace THC if any) for about five or six weeks now. Charlotte's Web, the middle strength level they offer, on the tongue. I decided to experiment with it because some on the vestibular migraine groups have claimed it helped their symptoms and I wanted to reduce my imbalance, or at least reduce the associated anxiety.

I don't think it really helped the balance directly much if at all (although I think I did find a reliable improvement for that now ) but I do certainly feel like I'm more relaxed since starting it. I've also been meditating a lot lately though so...

I think it's worth a try for anxiety. It is pretty expensive though, it works out to about $75/month. It tastes awful. My doctor didn't have an opinion either way. My therapist didn't like the idea because she is worried it will become a crutch (the price point may keep that from happening!)

Fwiw I believe that CBD oil from hemp is now just recently legalized in all 50 US states as part of the farm bill passed and signed just before the shutdown.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fallingstar View Post
    Well - the guinea pig here. I JUST tried it. Only in 5mg dosages 2 nights in a row - gummy form. Slower absorption than oil under the tongue or the spray under the tongue or the vaping of it.

I got it from a reputable health store 2 minutes from my office. CBD Plus Oil. Here in the US, nothing is federally legal but things are legal state to state. I live in a state where it is NOT legal to smoke actual marijuana but CBD is sold legally. There is medicinal marijuana in state however you really have to jump like hoops for it unlike California. I used to smoke when I was younger. That never bothered me much until a couple years after I had my first major panic attack. I found out why - THC. THC can trigger anxiety/make it worse while smoking. CBD evens it out and kind of counteracts the THC psychoactive effects. That's why you have different strains apparently - learned all this on the good old internet. CBD will not get you high and doesn't contain THC. But you have to research because a lot being sold are hemp only (no cbd oil and not the hemp extract which is what helps), not tested by a 3rd party lab or made with synthetics.

Dosage wise, while it's not FDA approved and regulated, dosages vary and potencies vary - so it's important to research. That being said, they say work your way up from small like 1mg (I started and still am at 5 to learn) and go up from there. Less is better and less is more they say. I will next go up to 10mg as I feel the 5mg just doesn't cut it. The first night I did notice a nice warming, calming effect go over me - very relaxed but not at all "stoned."

Hope this helps.
    Very true. There is a lot of misinformation out there or used to be as it was developing. Hemp oil has been around legally forever, you find it with all the vinegars in a supermarket. There is no CBD in it, it's nothing to do with any of this but the lack of info obviously helped unscrupulous sellers from trying it on.

Cannabis was grown to become stronger in THC, they are just doing it the other way with CBD. And like you say, CBD is naturally present as it is the counterbalance to the THC going too far. Now they have a use for it they are just cultivating the plants a different way to produce higher levels of CBD and reduced THC to keep it legal.

Our CBD has reached the mainstream with TV ads from big supplier like Holland & Barrett. Not sure how they compare as they may be new and low % CBD so they need checking but it a positive if it can help us too. And with UK drugs companies performing research & testing into CBD drugs, including in your country, it gives us some hope we will benefit off the back end of it since anti epilepsy meds have found their way into anxiety prescribing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information