Thread: WBC Fluctuatuions

WBC Fluctuatuions

I'm wondering if anybody knows how often white blood cell counts fluctuate? From total count to granulocytes, lymphocytes, monocytes, etc. I ask because this past two weeks I have had three complete blood cell count tests done with differential. I have been having these done because of a low red blood cell count I had that has now come back up and has been steady since. But my white blood cells keep fluctuating. At first they were all normal then certain ones dipped under normal range while some went up slightly over normal range, with some fluctuation in total white blood cells being in normal range but still changing. Is this normal? Whenever I get my blood tests for my physical every year they are usually consistent but now it seems everything is out of wack. Is it normal fluctuation and the only reason I'm seeing this is because I'm having so many blood testes in a short amount of time? I'm not sure what to think and it's making me uneasy.

Mark

Re: WBC Fluctuatuions

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hope you are doing well,
    I know from personal experience that White Blood counts can fluctuate, I had a low WBC which is called Neutropenia, my white count increases temporarily at times when my body is trying to fight an infection.
    Are the blood tests from your GP? Other wise you could ask about seeing a Haematology Consultant if concerned.
    Sorry its not the most helpful post!

Two are from my GP, the other was from hematology. The hematologist saw all of my blood tests dating back to over a year ago and never mentioned them. He was more concerned with my RBC and hemoglobin.

Have they said about being Anaemic/ Iron Deficiency as that's all to do with low RBC? I know that can fluctuate if you have a deficiency.

Thread Information