Thread: Is this derealization?

Is this derealization?

So 4 years ago at age 21 I went through extreme panic and terror in my life. Things such as my mom and I about to lose our home and one night I came home to find my mom trying to take a bunch of sleeping pills...things werent going well I was trying to make it through college my car was broke down...everything was bad!! So after stressing for weeks I woke up one morning derealized dizzy feeling faint...ended up in the ER they said I had an inner ear infection that would pass in a few weeks...well the feelings never passed...over the years the anxiety subsided but the derealization didnt. My head feels heavy daily...i feel scared I feel like my body isnt mine...i recently visited the doctor and he prescribed a med... Havent taken it yet as I'm terrified. I literally obsess daily over my health even though blood tests come back normal...ive imagined brain tumors, MS, all cancers...i no longer know what to do. Do you think the meds could work? I'm jittery and scared and can't concentrate. Its been worse for the last month cause my bf and I got into a huge fight back in August and its been bad ever since!! I feel like im losing it

Re: Is this derealization?

Hi, the reactivity to stress is a major indicator of derealisation, what you actually need to do with DR is to heavily de stress whilst living as normal as possible. If you haven't already read Paul David's anxiety no more,:he talks about it all in there. Book saved my life when I was 24

Thread Information