Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meds change and intrusive thoughts

Meds change and intrusive thoughts

Sorry guys im new so please excuse me if im posting in the wrong place.

Im changing meds at the moment from Citalopram to Fluoxotine.
    I don't feel like me anymore (not even sure whats normal for me anymore tbh) I have struggled with intrusive thoughts for a while now but I'm only at the point of weaning myself off the citalopram and i feel as though i cant leave the house, my thoughts are so dark and its like a song stuck in my head constantly repeating over and over.
    I have so many crisis numbers but I know i wouldnt follow through with any of the thoughts so i don't feel as though i should be calling them but its dragging me down.
    I hide a lot of what i feel from friends and family because i dont want to hurt them with what i think and how i see myself.
    I was wondering if anyone had any tips apart from living in a cave until my meds work

Sorry its a long post and again sorry if ive posted this in the wrong place.
    Thanks
    MMM

Re: Meds change and intrusive thoughts

Just try not to let yourself become a recluse because that makes things worse. Medicine changes can really put your brain in a funk because it’s used to one thing and adding something new the wires need to be connected again.

Try to rationalize things when your struggling and remember that you once felt ok and you will get back there again.

Thank you so much

Please consider telling people close to you what's going on. It doesn't have to be a big thing, just a simple "I'm changing meds and I'm likely to feel pretty pants for a while so can you keep an extra close eye on me?"
    It's hard to explain intrusive thoughts to people & I know what you mean about not wanting to hurt people. But I think the people who love you would hate to think of you feeling that way! X

Thank you for the reply.
    I have started to notice a change since swapping Meds which is great. I told people how I was feeling and they were able to support me =)

Hey Missmessymind.

I am currently on 20mg Citalopram. How are you getting on with Fluoxotine?

I started doing really well until recently and I've dipped again but I'm hoping its temporary. How are you doing on yours?

Sorry to hear that :(.. have you been on them since you stopped taking Citalopram?
    Im doing okay on them thanks, still have my bad days but not as bad as they were.

Yeah I had to wean off one and start on another. At the moment I'm also on buspirone but i dont know if it's doing anything.
    I'm glad they're helping you I think even on meds everyone can have a bad day it's just how you deal with it that matters the most. Keep your head up and remember u got this =)

See, ive only ever been on Sertraline and Citalopram, havent tried anything else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information