Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High schooler was brushing hair next to me on subway-chances that I could get lice?

High schooler was brushing hair next to me on subway-chances that I could get lice?

This girl, it was so gross, was brushing her hair right next to me on the subway. I know lice is more prevalent in schoolchildren so I’m worried that she could’ve given me lice. I made sure not to touch her and stand as far as possible but what are the chances I got live from this?

Re: High schooler was brushing hair next to me on subway-chances that I could get lic

Quote Originally Posted by scaredpt View Post
    what are the chances I got lice from this?
    The same chance as dying from a bit of moldy bread or tetanus from a staple scratch or getting HIV from talking to someone with HIV or any of the other fears you've posted about

Positive thought
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 15-10-18 at 22:05.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: High schooler was brushing hair next to me on subway-chances that I could get lic

This girl, it was so gross, was brushing her hair right next to me on the subway. I know lice is more prevalent in schoolchildren so I’m worried that she could’ve given me lice. I made sure not to touch her and stand as far as possible but what are the chances I got live from this?
    erm that is presuming she had head lice

Yes, it's possible.

Even if you do get lice which it's probably 99.99999999% you won't it's easy treated anyway.

So is there a high chance?

So is there a high chance?
    well yes if the girl had head lice but as l said before your presuming she has and if you did by any chance what's the worse you have to treat your hair come on now its hardly life threatening you will live
    Best wishes xx

I was standing like a foot away though would that protect me?

I was standing like a foot away though would that protect me?
    The bigger question is why is this a concern big enough to worry you? Lice are really no big deal. There is no way it will kill you.

Of all the things in the world to even be worried about, this one is a nuisance at best. It would like worrying that your house might have ants because you saw an ant outside. An easily solved and very unlikely problem that has no bearing on any real danger.

it's a phobia of mine! really stressful and the subway in general is stressful for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information