Thread: Coming off mirtazepine

Coming off mirtazepine

Hi All
    Haven't been on here for years. Okay... before I start - No scare stories please... If you can keep replies as positive as possible I'd be grateful. Right, am on 225mg Venlafaxine, been on 45mg of Mirtaezepine also for some months - could even be about a year. I have insisted on coming off the Mirtazepine.. my meds are not working well in general and I just thought why the hell am I taking all these meds if they are not helping. So... Just reduced down to 30mg feeling - achey limbs, weak and lethargic, very fatigued. Not sleeping well. Thanks all xxxx

Re: Coming off mirtazepine

It take mitazepine and have for 4 years. During this time i've adjusted my dose many times. When changing dose i've had symptoms but they didn't last long. You'll be fine.

If you've been on 45mg and now changed to 30mg you could try cutting a 45mg and 30mg in half to give you 37.5mg for a while and see if that helps. You could then go to 30mg for a while then cut a 45mg in half to give you 22.5mg rather than going straight to 15mg.

Hope that helps, just go as slow as you can

Matt thank you very much - The psychiatrist has sent instructions to my gp to decrease the med on a weekly basis by 15mg.. I am collecting the scripts weekly so unfortunately I can't cut the tablets as suggested. I think I can manage it I just have to be positive and strong. Feeling very lethargic and fatigued, limbs and muscle aches... but I will manage somehow. Thanks again for replying

Hi Yvonne, i too have just started tapering off Mirtazapine. I've been on it for 8 years, and for the last 2 years 45mg.
    I'm 3 days in and feeling a little strange but so far it's not too bad. But please remember that it will pass, from speaking with others that have come off this drug the withdrawals do pass quite quickly.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for reply. I have just commented on your post Hey you and I can get through this together. Thanks for the positivity

We can indeed! How are you feeling today?

I tried to come off this last week and after two days I felt like I had the flu even though I didn’t so started it again , I’m only on 15 and have been for over a year but doc said just stop

Yet another totally clueless Dr!!! You can't just stop from 15mg, at the very least you should go to 7.5mg. It makes my blood boil!

I'm sure GP's spend to much time of their supposed 7 year training snorting cocaine from between prostitutes arse cheeks!!!

Think your right Matt lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne View Post
    Hi All
    Haven't been on here for years. Okay... before I start - No scare stories please... If you can keep replies as positive as possible I'd be grateful. Right, am on 225mg Venlafaxine, been on 45mg of Mirtaezepine also for some months - could even be about a year. I have insisted on coming off the Mirtazepine.. my meds are not working well in general and I just thought why the hell am I taking all these meds if they are not helping. So... Just reduced down to 30mg feeling - achey limbs, weak and lethargic, very fatigued. Not sleeping well. Thanks all xxxx

How’s it going , I’m on day 5 and got all the symptoms you have is it getting any better ?

Thread Information