Thread: Clicking throat..Globus..throat cancer worries

Clicking throat..Globus..throat cancer worries

So I’ve been having throat issues for a while now. Went to the GP (after kind advice from you guys here) and was prescribed antibiotics as I had some little white spots near my tonsils and it felt quite sore - nothing like tonsillitis though which I’ve had before; more irritated if anything. I’ve taken the full course of antibiotics and of course, am obsessively checking my throat to see if the spots have gone, which they haven’t.
    My throat constantly feels swollen, and feels like there is something stuck in there. It’s now started making a loud clicking noise and I can feel where the click is coming from, like there’s something hard in there when I swallow or open my jaw in certain ways - which is just making my HA spiral. I went back to the GP yesterday who said the spots are so small he could barely see them, so he’s not worried. He also said the rest of my symptoms could be Globus and/or acid reflux, which are anxiety related.
    I’ve referred myself for CBT therapy but the referral is taking a long time to come through; so I guess what I’m looking for now is just a bit of reassurance that the symptoms I’m describing could be completely anxiety related, rather than a tumour in my throat?
    Many thanks in advance for reading.

Re: Clicking throat..Globus..throat cancer worries

I went back to the GP yesterday who said the spots are so small he could barely see them, so he’s not worried. He also said the rest of my symptoms could be Globus and/or acid reflux, which are anxiety related.
    Then this is your answer. The educated opinion of a medical professional is worth 10,000 posts from randoms on an anxiety forum.

Good luck with the CBT, the waiting list is a pain, but every day you're a step closer to getting help which will make it easier to deal with these kind of thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by axolotl View Post
    Then this is your answer. The educated opinion of a medical professional is worth 10,000 posts from randoms on an anxiety forum.

Good luck with the CBT, the waiting list is a pain, but every day you're a step closer to getting help which will make it easier to deal with these kind of thoughts.
    That’s true - I think I’m panicking because he didn’t feel my neck or anything (not that he would be able to diagnose much from that I guess!) but I always come away thinking ah, should I have asked this or that?!

Thank you for being a voice of reason while my own seems to have disappeared off somewhere! Hopefully the CBT will bring it back.

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedOne View Post
    That’s true - I think I’m panicking because he didn’t feel my neck or anything (not that he would be able to diagnose much from that I guess!) but I always come away thinking ah, should I have asked this or that?!
    It's exactly this kind of thinking that the CBT will address. There are people here who could have had twelve CT scans and eight MRIs and still be yeah butting that there may be something missed. It's the nature of the beast of health anxiety sadly, we latch onto the smallest bit of doubt and won't let go. We can't stand uncertainty, but total certainty can very rarely be reached.

Hope your wait isn't too long.

Thread Information