Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cipralex..

Cipralex..

I've had them in my drawer now for a LONG time and i am too scared to take them. I've read so many horror stories about how the side effects are like the worst panic attack a person has had (times a million!!!), so bad that they've ended in A & E. All these symptoms have scared me enough to feel anxious before i even get it in my flipping mouth. Whats is bothering me also is the weight gain that people experience. I've just read a forum with at least 200 people who had gained a MINIMUM of 25lb!!!! I am 5'2 i've not got the frame to gain that amount of weight.
    Last edited by belle; 23-08-07 at 10:00.

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Re: Cipralex..

Hi There

If it's any help, i have been on these tabs 9 years.
    It does say that when you first start taking them it CAN make your anxiety worse for about 2 weeks until it gets into your system.
    It did mine but NOTHING like the attacks i was having. Once the 2 weeks had passed they have helped and kept the panic attacks off.

Give em a try honestly it could work just as well for you has it has for me.

I can only echo Nannys comments.
    Great tabs - they gave me my life back
    Phill

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

I've been on them now for 3 weeks which I have to say has been very difficult but not sure if its the tablets of a combination of my anxiety too. Each day is different but I am becoming more focused on things around me. I have to be honest the worst part for me was the intial week where I literally could'nt sit still. The insomnia has been a big problem in the last few days and alot of people do get something to calm them in the inital few weeks like diazepam or sleeping tablets. I only had sleeping tablets prescribed in the weeks before I took the tablets and still have some to take occasionally which I did last night and had the best night sleep in nearly a month.

Being off work was good for the intial two weeks, now finished my third week which has not been easy probably due to the time I've had doing absolutely nothing which in turn has exacerbated my anxiety, so I've arranged to go back and discuss a phased return with work next week.

Please feel free to ask anything else. I've done sooooo much research about these meds and even though alot of people have really struggled with them in the inital few weeks most people have had amazing results which is one reason I've stuck with them through the really hard times.

Remeber everyones experiences are different and you may have few if any of the side effects.

Hope this helps, things are still very hard for me at the moment but persevere!!!

I had diazepam to start.
    I picked Cipralex myself after researching all the meds and finding they had the least side effects
    Phill

Hi phil and nanny,
    I'm curious to know how long it was before you felt any differences?

I've now had a couple of times different days when I felt really good, not long literally a few hours at a time.

Hi Abs
    It can take 2 - 6 weeks
    In my case it was prolly 2 weeks til things started to get better and just kept on getting better from there.
    Phill

Hi Bluebell

I have taken this medication for 9 years on and off, and stopped taking them about 2 months ago after slowly weaning myself off them. I never had any bad side effects from taking them, i have always taken the medication at night just before bed. I had tried lots of differents meds before this one, Cipralex was by far the best!

love

Andrea
    xxxx

Hi Honeybee
    I've been on 20mg for 2 yrs straight and was wondering how the withdrawal period was and how long did it take
    Thanks
    Phill

HI
    The same as Phill it took me about 2 weeks to start to feel better, but after about a month the panic attacks were right down
    Good Luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information