Hi, new member here. I was a member a long long time ago but theres no way i could ever remember my login details!
I've been on mirt for 8 years now, the last 2 at 45mg but recently had some conversations with my doc about my anxiety and restlessness and he seems to think that at higher doses Mirtazapine can heighten this due to the increase in Noradrenelin for some people (but not all!)
So he wants me to drop to 30mg for a few weeks and see how i feel. If this doesn't work then he wants me to change completely to something else.

I felt that to be honest i didn't want to drop straight to 30 so ive been taking a 30mg pill and half of a 15mg to make 37.5mg. I'm on day 3 and while i definitely can feel something is different i don't feel too bad at the moment... My mood is a little darker, anxiety a touch higher and a bit spaced out but all manageable so far..

So this will be a diary of sorts, for myself to look back on and hopefully a usefull thread for others in the same position.
If anyone has been in a similar position tapering down please feel free to chime in with your experiance and how it went for you.
Thankyou