Thread: IBS or is my body about to explode?

IBS or is my body about to explode?

45yo, overweight, slight pre-diabetes (103 fasting)... Losing weight and feeling good except.........

After 30 - 45 min of light exercising - walking in mall, walking down street, cleaning pool, house cleaning - my stomach begins to bloat out, a hard bloating, it gets fuller and fuller until it starts to give me anxiety, makes me feel like I need to sit down (or lay down) immediately…. Feel like total crap, like i'm about to fall over dead.

After laying down for 1hr the bloat goes down 50%. After sleeping for a few hour it’s gone compeletely. After sleeping all night it’s totally gone and I’m ‘reset’..

Having a bowel movement does not reduce this bloating, nor does taking Xanax for the anxiety portion. The only thing that helps is laying down or sleeping.

The bloating comes on regardless of if I’ve eaten that morning or not, or what I’ve eaten - 5 grapes, no food, a full meal.

The bloating also comes on after meals, any significant sized meal. I will have to lay down for several hours to make it go away.

It does NOT happen after exercising. I can do an elliptical for 30, 45, 60 min with no bloating or bad feelings at all.

It’s primarily light activity - walking, house chores, mowing the lawn - and eating.

My stools are most always loose, either loose or diarrhea.

Is this IBS?

Re: IBS or is my body about to explode?

I get this awful bloating after doing anything like housework, lifting, sometimes after just walking? It just grows and grows, is very uncomfortable, and yes - I seem to 'reset' by sleeping. Like you, it doesn't matter what I've eaten, or if I have even eaten at all. I actually just came on here because I'm suffering again right now :-/

I do have IBS, apparently. Maybe it's part of it? Just wanted you to know you're not alone.

Re: IBS or is my body about to explode?

Quote Originally Posted by Angelai View Post
    I get this awful bloating after doing anything like housework, lifting, sometimes after just walking? It just grows and grows, is very uncomfortable, and yes - I seem to 'reset' by sleeping. Like you, it doesn't matter what I've eaten, or if I have even eaten at all. I actually just came on here because I'm suffering again right now :-/

I do have IBS, apparently. Maybe it's part of it? Just wanted you to know you're not alone.

Yup, that's exactly it.. It keeps growing and feeling more awful until you're forced to lay down.

Wish I could find the problem - had ALL my tests run and nothing showing up.. I would think it's IBS except it happens even on an empty stomach.

Thread Information