Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Stag night stress

Red face Stag night stress

I’m having a stag night and having a singer and comedian. I wanted an ex footballer but it’s going to cost too much so felt a bit stressed that I couldn’t do this? Can anybody reassure me I will still have a good night?

Re: Stag night stress

I can confirm I had a good night on my stag do without an ex-footballer.

---------- Post added at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 ----------

Realised that was a bit of a flippant answer there, so I'll elaborate. On a do like that the important things are the people you are with. You will be surrounded by your best friends who are taking a night to celebrate you.

Even if you're disappointed you couldn't have something, that's just window-dressing - events like this are about the people sharing an experience not the specifics of the actual activities that take place.

Phil - you are only going to have a good night if you allow yourself too.

Just because you were wanting an ex-footballer does not guarantee it would be a good night.

It is what you make of it.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Phil - you are only going to have a good night if you allow yourself too.

Just because you were wanting an ex-footballer does not guarantee it would be a good night.

It is what you make of it.
    I admit from 29/30 I have been on a bucket list of places to visit and stuff to do and I’ve always wanted to hang around with someone well known

Course they may turn out to be not that nice but I have these goals and it is pressure for myself like my goal to fly to New York.

I worry spending hundreds on an ex footballer will be a bad move I mean so far it’s cost me £500 for the stag on my entertainment already but worry it’s a one in a life time chance

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I admit from 29/30 I have been on a bucket list of places to visit and stuff to do and I’ve always wanted to hang around with someone well known

Course they may turn out to be not that nice but I have these goals and it is pressure for myself like my goal to fly to New York.

I worry spending hundreds on an ex footballer will be a bad move I mean so far it’s cost me £500 for the stag on my entertainment already but worry it’s a one in a life time chance
    To be honest if you've come up with a bucket list of things you want, that are beyond your budget, that's quite a shallow idea of enjoying yourself. I would personally be mortified about dragging around some random celebrity that's only there because you paid them, but that's personal taste. Your mates should be enough - they're what's important. And it sounds like you have some good entertainment lined up.

But if you go into this thinking "if only a washed-up footballer was here" you won't let yourself. File it away with all the other hundreds of extravagant things that would be great to have but you can't afford and move on.

The whole process of marriage - from engagement to honeymoon - is a series of hoops we're supposed to jump through, designed by marketers to make us feel we have The Best Time Ever and anything else won't do. But the important things throughout are the people that share it with you.

Who was the ex-footballer, Phil?

Surely not Gazza? Mickey Quinn?

I'd hate to pay for a "celeb's" attention. Far better to enjoy the company of your own friends. It shouldn't be about wanting to put on a show to impress others despite the demands of social media.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Who was the ex-footballer, Phil?

Surely not Gazza? Mickey Quinn?

I'd hate to pay for a "celeb's" attention. Far better to enjoy the company of your own friends. It shouldn't be about wanting to put on a show to impress others despite the demands of social media.
    Nope they would be too expensive

I had a few names but nothing certain. I admit I am sucked into social media and feel everything is a show I don’t know why maybe reading others has got me that way.

But yes perhaps it’s best to save the money for another holiday than splash on the celeb footballer. Once I get an idea in my head it’s hard to shift though and I have told people already how I agreed terms with ex footballers to appear

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I’m having a stag night and having a singer and comedian. I wanted an ex footballer but it’s going to cost too much so felt a bit stressed that I couldn’t do this? Can anybody reassure me I will still have a good night?
    simple answer no we can't tell you its going to be a good night you and only you can make it good night, and you shouldn't need a footballer to achieve that

Best wishes xx

It's a shame that you feel that you have to impress other people all the time, Phil. Material things in life aren't really that important when you're struggling with your mental health.

But will you end up like this?

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information