Thread: PIP got stopped

PIP got stopped

Recently just found out my PIP got stopped after they bombarded me with questions for over 2 hours. I have asperger's and my condition affects my daily life.I live far from home and go to university but it's still a struggle and I have to have support.
    They gave me a perfect score of 0 even though in the text they said i had difficulty with these things and I said I need support to budget and extra support in communication. I didn't appear anxious they said even though I looked bad and they had to ask me whether I was ok.
    I'm just so tired of fighting my brain has completely shut down right now. Should I appeal? They seem to be lying on my form. Any advice would be great

Re: PIP got stopped

Hi there. I wud def appeal. They hope that u accept their decision and go away. They also lied on my assesment. Think its a standard first assesment.

---------- Post added at 20:47 ---------- Previous post was at 20:46 ----------

Wish u luck in yr appeal

My experiences are that it literally depends on who assesses you and who makes the decision, I've not encountered the completely emotionless robot type of assessor yet and have been treated reasonably, some problems but not the zero points scenario so far thankfully, always expecting it however as I know their ranks have plenty of these unfeeling monsters in them. Get an informed second opinion and go through it and form an argument and see where they've been incompetent and untruthful and accept where it's a solid argument, don't be discouraged, they're not there to give you anything lightly after all.
    ''...an utter depression of soul which I can compare to no earthly sensation more properly than to the after-dream of the reveller upon opium - the bitter lapse into everyday life, the hideous dropping off of the veil. There was an iciness, a sinking, a sickening of the heart, an unredeemed dreariness of thought which no goading of the imagination could torture into aught of the sublime.''

Hi , this is their approach to stopping your benefits, my partner has just been through the same , the assessor blatantly lied about what she had said some of it wasn't even near the truth it was just made up , you need to go through a mandatory reconsideration, it does take time and you will need help but help is available on here and on the net , they count on you giving up but don't, talk to your doctor ( they hear this a lot ) get letters from as many people as possible to back up your side .
    Like I said it does take time but stick with it .

I too scored 0 points and after a year of fighting it I have finally had my score reviewed.

There is help to be had Mind, CAB or Fightback4Justice.

Don't give up, it is hard not to take it personally and to feel as though you are trying to cheat the system. It is despicable that the people most in need are the easiest to fob off.

Good luck and keep us posted

It seems like this is happening way too much Elen and they must be aware that some people just give in and accept it and live their life going down hill faster than a rabbit going down a hole.
    I'm pleased to hear you have been reinstated.
    This happened to me on two separate occasions and got reinstated on both times after pestering them with the help of some legal jargon in the form of letters and phone calls. I also held them responsible for my wellbeing, that didn't like that, but it was not a lie.
    Once you get over the deflation of being rejected, you somehow master up the, "No, they are not getting away with this" attitude.
    It may seem personal Siffi , but I can assure you it is not.

Thanks everyone. That's great news Elen. Sorry haven't been around for much just been quite out of it for a few days. only just managed to get back on my feet. Student services from uni are more than happy to look at it for me so have an appointment tomorrow. Written out a letter and looked at the appeal form. Wish me luck

No need to apologise and thank you, it was a long fight but worth it.

Great that you have student services supporting you.

The only other advice I can give is be totally honest about how your illness affects your everyday life, they seem to place importance on the weirdest things.

Good luck and let us know

Thank you for your support, just in a process of an appeal. It's strange because I received money7th November. They didn't see my letter intiatly and now have to wait an extra 6 weeks for an answer. Quite frustrating! Sorry it took me so long to reply. I was really busy with university and other responsibilities

Thread Information