Thread: Achy Legs!!

Achy Legs!!

Hi all,

I’ve been having a recent bout of health anxiety and have been experiencing a symptom that is really throwing me off. About 3 or 4 days ago I developed achy legs, particularly my right leg which is very achy from the calf to the buttock, the location of the pain changes. The pain is on and off, usually worse when I am resting, and is causing me a lot of grief.

For the last few months I have done very little exercise due to life happening and so I understand this could be muscular, however when I think about the aching I can’t help but consider Peripheral Artery Disease or DVT and start panicking which makes the pain worse. My leg also feels tight at times. I have a doctors appointment booked in a couple weeks to talk about my symptoms (which are always changing) but until then I really need reassurance. Anyone who knows anything about Peripheral Artery Disease, if you could offer some insight that would be amazing. Would there be other symptoms? And would the symptoms come on so quickly? And go away with distractions/exercise?

I am 18, a little overweight but in good health otherwise and do not smoke. The pain is worse when I’m resting and when I’m distracted or happy it’s mostly not there. But when it IS there it can be so painful that I just want to run to the ER and beg them to fix me (I would never do that, I never go to the ER for no reason I am just very anxious). I’m trying to live my life and I know most of this is anxiety but the amount of pain is throwing me off because it’s pretty awful and confined to one leg.

Thank you for taking time to read this any help or advice is appreciated

Breannah

---------- Post added at 06:27 ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 ----------

I should probably add, there’s no swelling or redness in my leg, and it tends to feel better when massaged or stretched out.

Re: Achy Legs!!

I don't have much to add except offering hugs for your discomfort but it's worth bringing up, do you take any psyche meds? Mine causes hideous restless legs, I literally have to stretch them so frequently and forcefully that they feel like snapped elastic bands every few minutes! I of course often come to the conclusion I have serious renal problems and that's why I am getting restless legs but there's no other signs that would indicate that's the culprit. It's a similar sensation to the godawful growning pains I used to get as a kid, it's weird, it's always behind the kneecaps. If I hadn't researched effects of the medication and came across it, I would be thinking all sorts of things.
    ''...an utter depression of soul which I can compare to no earthly sensation more properly than to the after-dream of the reveller upon opium - the bitter lapse into everyday life, the hideous dropping off of the veil. There was an iciness, a sinking, a sickening of the heart, an unredeemed dreariness of thought which no goading of the imagination could torture into aught of the sublime.''

Hey! No I don’t take any meds aside from the painkillers for my legs which don’t seem to be working! My pain is exactly as you describe - like growing pains as a child. Trying to remain positive and know that if I were seriously ill I would not be doubting myself so much. Thank you for your comfort and information, I hope you begin to feel better soon. Anxiety about renal issues is so awful because of the pain that comes with it after you’ve worried about it so much! My best wishes to you ❤️

I hope the doctor meeting enables you to get on the road to a concrete answer about what's bugging your poor legs and I think the odds are on it being something much milder but as we know, bad things do happen to bodies so it is necessary to be on the lookout to a certain extent. You've done your research and are going to have someone checking you out soon so you've done everything possible to tackle the situation. Try to keep as calm as possible and treat yourself often and get distracted plenty
    ''...an utter depression of soul which I can compare to no earthly sensation more properly than to the after-dream of the reveller upon opium - the bitter lapse into everyday life, the hideous dropping off of the veil. There was an iciness, a sinking, a sickening of the heart, an unredeemed dreariness of thought which no goading of the imagination could torture into aught of the sublime.''

Thread Information