Hi everyone

I joined this forum earlier this year after going through some really awful HA revolving around OCD but I managed to get it under control after having some therapy plus just sorting myself out in general.

I made huge progess but I feel like I have hit a wall and gone backwards. There in some stuff going on my life atm which I think has triggered it, but in general I have completely lost my cool with staying calm with health related stuff. ive been down that awful MS route, absolutely petrified of getting cancer or HIV and also going blind. Im trying to incorporate some of my CBT skills by not giving into compulsions of doing self checks, googling, booking stupid waste of time doctor appointments just for the reassurance, ect but I feel like I need a bit of guidance!

I feel like this is a good place to get some advice of people who have been through the same, I am in the process of re-reading through some of the self help threads but any extra advise or experience would be helpful! I feel better also writing it out in my own words and just putting it somewhere. Im so sick of just being so weak minded about the small posibility of getting these rare diseases and letting it completely take over my life. I cant stop thinking about it! I keep revisiting old symptoms ive had for ages/checked by a doctor and thinking it still could be something...I feel like if there is nothing wrong with me, my brain needs something to worry about or it just creates anxiety out of nothing. its mad ! it's absolutely driving me up the wall. if anyone could give me some guidance on what they've been through or good examples of changing ways of thinking, ect then please feel free to share. Am considering going back for some more therapy soon.

Thanks for taking the time reading through this, I actually feel better writing it all out!

cheers