Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pop-Up Ads?

Pop-Up Ads?

It's been a while since I've been on here but I don't remember so many pop-up ads covering the posts and content before! It's happening several times a minute to the point where I almost have to give up trying to read on here. Is there a membership fee or some kind of premium membership I can apply for that would get rid of those?
    Sue

Re: Pop-Up Ads?

Hi Sue

There is no premium membership or anything to get rid of the ads.

I will PM you.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yeah, I know, they are annoying and sometimes I have trouble signing in, because they cover those boxes and you click to get rid and they just pop up again. Believe me, when I say they are less than they used to be.
    But they are apparently needed to generate funds for the Site and as I last heard Nicola wanted to keep it free for everyone with an open situation for donations if anyone wanted to contribute. Unfortunately I think that was always a bit thin on the ground.

---------- Post added at 09:23 ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 ----------

Sorry Nicola, jumped in and you were there.

Carnation - they shouldn't cover the login box at the top. There is one at the very bottom of the page though.

You are right though - we just don't get any donations now.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yep, got the one on the bottom and the top for me. Some in the middle of posts as well. I've got used to it now.
    Today it is 'Braun'. But the advert that kept me from signing in was 'T. Mobile', but haven't had that for a while.
    I know you don't like to ask for money, but it would be nice to have a Christmas box for donations. x

Are you on a mobile device at all?

Yes, you got it. I tend to use my phone as it is a quicker and always with me. I don't have the problem on my laptop.

We are looking to moving to VBulletin 4 or 5 which are mobile friendly so that should help I hope.

They can cover most of your screen on a mobile device when you are zoomed in to use a keyboard.

Are you in Android, Carnation? If so you can turn off the Java script whilst on here and it will not only remove all ads but speed up your phone. I have to do this.

Ad blockers are useful too but not as thorough as turning Java script off.

I only use my mobile too as my laptop is so slow.

The adds do get in the way especially when you enlarge what you're looking at, but all the pop up's have the X thingy in the corner that you can tap on to get rid of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information