Thread: london Psychiatrists

london Psychiatrists

So I think I need to see a psychiatrist rather than just a counsellor/therapist, as I want someone who knows a bit more about the medication than my GP...

But bloomin heck they are expensive! I have been sending out some enquiries and getting back quotes for £300-500 for an initial hour consult and then future sessions ranging from £150-300!

Will have to take out a mortgage just to afford one!

Anyone on here got any advice for places to look for, or ways to find, psychiatrists in London? Annoyingly, while I get BUPA through my work, because I was on anti-depressants before I joined, it is a pre-existing condition so they wont help...

Thanks

Re: london Psychiatrists

I'm afraid seeing a London-based psychiatrist is going to mean shelling out loads of money and you may not be too impressed with what you get for your cash. They can basically charge what they like if they have loads of letters after their name and a s****y address and consulting room.

If you would be prepared to travel outside the immediate London area fees may be a bit less steep? I take it that an NHS referral hasn't been suggested?

That was meant to read s-w-a-n-k-y!!

thanks - I am talking to my GP next week so will see...

I am on the NHS waiting list for a "counsellor", but have been waiting for 4 months so far...

I have a private psychiatrist from London - he has a clinic in Harley Street. He costs £150 for consultations but is absolutely fantastic. If you want his details let me know. He works holistically and adopts a very different view on things than the NHS. The NHS are so scared about what they can give you and live by the BNF private healthcare has so much more to give.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Ben - I am looking at someone on Harley St at the moment, and he sounds good. Just have to find the money somehow!

Quote Originally Posted by anxiousjomo View Post
    Thanks Ben - I am looking at someone on Harley St at the moment, and he sounds good. Just have to find the money somehow!

My Dr is Dr Balu Pitchaih he is a great guy :-) you can have an initial consultation for £50 through Babylon app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can try to find Psychiatrists abroad that speak English. It will be cheaper. For example Russian or any country of the former Soviet Union) but all sessions will be online

I saw Jose Belda in London, and would wholeheartedly recommend him. Very kind, considerate, knowledgable and responsive.

Thread Information