Thread: Help please - ativan/Lorazepam

Help please - ativan/Lorazepam

Not sure where to post this

I have a prescription for 1mg Ativan. I am very scared of getting addicted, or of doing damage to my brain by taking it too much. I am really struggling with anxiety, depression and insomnia.

I took one on Tuesday night, and it really helped.

How long do I need to leave between taking it so that I do not start building up tolerance/get addicted?

If I took one every 4 days, for example, would that be ok? Or is it fine to take one tonight?

Re: Help please - ativan/Lorazepam

Hi I take benzo often, maybe 2/3 a week. Tolerance can set in for their sedating effects which is no biggy. 1mg lorazepam is in the Uk the lowest dose but it is a decent size dose. It is equivalent to 10mg diazepam - I have been on many different benzo clonazepam, lorazepam, diazepam and Xanax and I actual find lorazepam the best for panic anxiety. I take 2mg a day when needed. I’ve done this for years and all prescribed by my psych so it is above board and works for me. I do take an anti depressant and an anti psychotic too but severe depression

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank Ben.

I took one last night, and slept well. But am going to resist the temptation to take one tonight as well... I think I want to leave a minimum of 3 nights in between doses if at all possible.

This is also because I may be coming off Mirtazapine soon, as it seems to be not helping, and possibly making things worse, so want to save up my usages until that fun and games starts!

I’m on mirtazapine what dosage are you on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15mg. Tried going up to 30mg but it was too activating - made the insomnia even worse (going from maybe 2-3hrs sleep to almost nothing) and felt like I had drunk 6 cups of coffee during the day - very hyper and wired.

So went back down to 15, which does not seem to be doing anything for the anxiety/depression and I think may actually be making it harder to sleep. I get restless legs about an hour after taking it at night, and then feel wired and unable to fall asleep. For the couple of hours before I take the pill in the evening I feel pretty calm and tired and like I will be able to rest, but then once I have taken the pill I feel more awake. This has been going on for about 2 months now. Have been on Mirt for just over 4 months I think. First month or so I slept ok (maybe about 6 hours or so) but never had the sleepiness/weight gain etc, but then that wore off. So I think that side of it just does not work for me.
    Will prob try going down to 7.5mg and see what happens before deciding to come off it.

Thread Information