Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stomach worries

Re: Stomach worries

Quote Originally Posted by superworried View Post
    What makes me worried is that I woke up with the pain, so it wasn't like I woke up, thought about my problems and then it started hurting.

Honestly I’m in this exact same situation right now, I’ve woken with the worst feelings in my stomach and bowel. The cramps are very intense and hot- enough to break me out in a sweat. This really isn’t abnormal for my ibs, and so I’m ignoring it and practicing some calming techniques for my body allowing the muscles to stop tensing and stop going into spasm it’s passing, but only if I focus on keeping things relaxed.

I understand your worries especially if these types of symptoms are new to you but it is extremely common especially among people that are already predisposed to feeling anxious and tense - the body reacts to these feelings even if we’re not thinking about them.

How are you feeling today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply and checking up on me

Still not good today. Taken 2 buscopan this morning but I'm still getting cramps underneath the ribs. These were helping earlier in the week.

Having similar sounding symptoms to you. It's hard to accept that it could just be IBS but seems quite likely based on so many others having similar symptoms. When I've had similar issues in the past and had ultrasounds, I've been told my body is filled with a lot of gas! From what others describe as well it could likely be that gas causes pain right up in the back as well.

Hi Aussie, thanks for posting

Fingers crossed it's something that isn't serious. I've managed to get an emergency doctors appointment this afternoon, so hopefully I get some idea of what's going on. Which would be great, as I've been feeling quite lightheaded this afternoon and had some upper back pain.
    Last edited by superworried; 29-10-18 at 15:42.

Back from the doctors

Had another feel around in the stomach and said it all felt soft. Has prescribed me some stuff to reduce the acid in my belly and sending me for a full blood work up.

Blood tests this morning - taking a look at kidney, liver, pancreas functions etc.

Funnily enough, my anxiety levels have been lower since my meeting with the doctor and I've not been feeling nowhere near as bloated today.

However, I've now started to get really sore back ache on the right hand side. Which is worrying

Bloating still down, but had awful backache today.

Eurgh, this is miserable since I"m fearing the worst.

Did you have your tests done? When can you expect the results? How are you feeling now?

Just to relate, I have had identical symptoms off and on for the past year. Mine are just on the right hand side. All over where my ascending colon is. Sometimes I wake up and it's already hurting (more of a light crampy, pinching type pain) and sometimes it happens after I bend over, or use the muscles on that side.

It just seems like a constant reminder that something is going on. I've had two CT scans, loads of blood work, a HIDA scan for my gallbladder, ultrasounds on my female organs and all have come back in the clear.

Anxiety is a B. Sometimes it does feel better to read someone else has identical symptoms. Not so lonely to deal with. I hope hearing that I suffer from this too helps a bit?

Hey M24K

I had my blood taken yesterday, going to ring the surgery later to see if they've come back yet.

It helps a little bit to hear someone else is having the same sort of feelings. My worry is that in previous HA situations, once I've seen the doctor and been told it looks OK, everything has sort of calmed down. This time around, because everything sort of seems to be in the same place (left ribs and around back) it makes me fear that there is something wrong this time.

I've been doing regular Head Space meditations which have helped a little, but I'm still super anxious.

Got my blood test results back today. All clear according to the receptionist.

Which is great, except I'm not feeling any calmer. My ribs are still aching and I've been really light headed tonight. Something would have shown up in the test if there was something wrong me, right?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information