Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stomach worries

Re: Stomach worries

Yes!! Something would have been off somewhere. That's GREAT that you got good results back. Part of the health anxiety BEAST is not believing our positive and good results. So try to take a deep breath and enjoy the good news. I'm very happy for you.

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 15:10 ----------

Also, we don't realize just how much we tense up certain muscles and focus on the pains from that when we are in a bout of health anxiety. Just like working out in a gym and using muscles that haven't been used in a while, it takes a bit for them to not be sore anymore.

Hard to do when there is so much stress and anxiety based on the pains we feel, and then more tension from the fear of the pains, and then more pain....and the cycle goes round and round.

Thanks M2FK

I'll try and relax and hopefully this lightheadedness and stuff goes. A hot bath and some meditation I think

Quote Originally Posted by superworried View Post
    Thanks M2FK

I'll try and relax and hopefully this lightheadedness and stuff goes. A hot bath and some meditation I think

Just wanted to let you know that I went through something similar recently. It was the right side (and no back pains), but not too different. My ribs felt odd and I had some pains. I have been told I have IBS and have been dealing with that for years.

I ended up having a check up, blood work and an ultrasound. Nothing. And the discomfort and everything went away. I assume a lot of it was really just me focusing on it.

My problem - and possibly yours, too - is that I will develop a health problem (or think I have), fixate on it and worry incessantly. Invariably, I get it checked out and it's nothing. I then feel better for a short time until I discover a new 'problem' to fixate on.

That's not to say there isn't an issue. It's just that when you're looking for a problem, it's surprisingly easy to convince yourself that you do have one.

Hey Polka. Usually I'd agree with you. In the past, when I've had health anxiety with something and my doctor has told me I've been fine, it's gone away. This time around it's different as the symptoms haven't really gone - even after the blood tests. Perhaps it's because the symptoms are located in the same place most of the time, compared to previous times when the aches have been across the whole abdomen.

I began to eat better after hearing the test results the other day and put some of the lost weight back on, but today has been difficult for me. Been having bad stomach cramps and bloating for most of the afternoon.

It hasn't helped that I've began to get a twitching eye too. Which I've never had before.

Went to the gym today since I've not been in a week.

Whilst there I was getting discomfort under my left ribs at the start of the session, but it seemed to lessen a little as it went on.

Now, 30 minutes after the session, my stomach is gnawing and aching :(

EDIT: The only positive I can take from today that I had a BM this morning that was completely normal

---------- Post added at 15:24 ---------- Previous post was at 13:37 ----------

Sorry to keep updating, but I'm freaking out right now.

Attach is still aching and I'm currently really light headed. Terrified something is up. Currently at a dinner with family and having to go to loo to try and calm down.
    Last edited by superworried; 03-11-18 at 14:43.

Quote Originally Posted by superworried View Post
    I'm freaking out right now..... Terrified something is up
    Panic attack.... Reading your thread, you've wrapped tighter than a '59 humbucker!

Hope you feel better soon!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hey Fish, thanks for replying.

Can panic attacks last days though? I've been light headed on and off for a few days now :(
    Last edited by superworried; 04-11-18 at 00:00.

Hey everyone

Been a bit better today. Barely any light headed issues and for the most part my stomach wasn't aching at all - that was until this evening.

For the past couple of hours I've had stomach ache in my upper left side, behind me ribs etc. but also the odd ache now in my right side. I know a few people have suggestion IBS, but what worries me that it's not that is that my toilet habits are now a lot more regular and normal looking.

Keep in mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. You may not feel anxious but your body is still on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Trying my best Fish

Had my doctor's appointment this afternoon. Went through my blood test results (all came back good), but sending me for another stool sample and a Helicobacter test but can't get in for a couple of weeks - although this has made me worried about gastric cancer.

Anxiety level hasn't been too bad today, but spiking tonight as I've felt incredibly full in stomach area and bloated. Hasn't helped that I've started to develop a cough - logical side of my brain and partner have said it's because I had a cold over a weekend, but my worry is that the discomfort I've had in my ribs all this time could be a reason for it.
    Last edited by superworried; 06-11-18 at 01:18.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information