Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stomach worries

Re: Stomach worries

Evening everyone

Went to the doctors on Monday, who is sending me for another stool sample and a Helicobacter test in two weeks time.

I've been reading through all the online anxiety courses on this site and they've really helped. I've been a lot more relaxed these last two days and found that a lot of my symptoms have gone too - rushing to the toilet, stomach cramps etc. which is great.

However, I've still got the symptoms that started this whole high anxiety episode - aching in left ribs and a slight bloating underneath them, which I wouldn't be too worried about, except it's now been a month :(

Evening everyone.

Had a really good week with my anxiety, but now having a bit of a spike and just looking for a bit of support.

Stomach issues have all been good since my last post, which in turn made my anxiety low too.

However, I'm still getting aches in my left ribs. It moves between certain areas in the left rib and because it's not tweaking or anything when I move, it's making me worried and sending my anxiety towards the bad thoughts - lung or bone problems that begin with the letter C -_-'

I've been so tired these past few days too, it's really scary.

My anxiety was a lot lower at the start of this week (the headspace app has been really, really helpful) but these last 48 hours have been really bad.

Still getting aches in my left ribs, mainly in the lower two/three that varies in intensity but also moves around the back. I'm also getting a mild gnawing in my stomach in the centre, as well as a sort of 'swollen' feeling on the left hand side on my body in stomach area - which it makes it uncomfortable to sit in certain positions.

My toilet trips have got a lot better, no longer loose like they were weeks ago. But now I'm really scared I've got stomach cancer :(

I've been having stuff like this for the last 4 or 5 weeks and it go so bad I ended up in hospital with it (no toilet trouble, weight loss or appetite problems though, just griping pain under both ribs) - ultrasound, blood, urine and stool samples all normal and I'd already had a gastroscopy as far down to the duodenum and that was normal as well (apart from my already diagnosed hiatus hernia) - that should be enough for most people to stop being worried, yet still I have nagging doubts (which is probably causing the pain in the first place, which isn't constant thankfully)

Hi Mark, good to know all the results came back negative. I hope you're coping now

I wouldn't be too worried myself except this time round the symptoms seem localised in one area rather than all over the place in previous health anxiety episodes.

Discomfort in left side of stomach, left ribs and chronic tiredness has made me worry this time around something is up. So far I've only had blood and stool samples which have come back ok, but worried that the longer this goes on without my doctors sending me for more extensive tests, the longer I leave it if something serious is up.

I've had two ultrasounds since June and the only thing they found were two simple cysts on my kidney and one on my liver, but oddly enough I'm not worried about those only the ongoing abdominal discomfort.

Quote Originally Posted by superworried View Post
    My anxiety was a lot lower at the start of this week (the headspace app has been really, really helpful) but these last 48 hours have been really bad.

Still getting aches in my left ribs, mainly in the lower two/three that varies in intensity but also moves around the back. I'm also getting a mild gnawing in my stomach in the centre, as well as a sort of 'swollen' feeling on the left hand side on my body in stomach area - which it makes it uncomfortable to sit in certain positions.

My toilet trips have got a lot better, no longer loose like they were weeks ago. But now I'm really scared I've got stomach cancer :(
    Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

The fact that the symptoms have waned as you've worked on your anxiety indicates it's something much more benign and shows just how much anxiety has an affect on your body. You're being checked out and they'll figure out what's up

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Evening everyone. My anxiety has been ok over the past week as I said before. I've not felt anxious, even though I know my symptoms have still been present. However, for the last 24 hours I've had awful stomach cramps and bloating. Mostly in the same area it's always been for the past 5 weeks, but had the odd cramp in the lower right as well. Also had terrible wind at the same time, which is new for these symptoms.

I've just taken two buscopan, which seems to have calmed it down a little - but I'm still feeling awful discomfort in the stomach area on the left hand side.

It's really scary :(

Went for a few more tests this morning - find out results in two weeks.

Had a bereavement in the family this morning that has thrown my anxiety into overdrive. Trying to be there for family members who need my support, but it's tough as it's made me worry about myself - which makes me feel awful as I feel so selfish doing that

I'm going through he same thing right now, and it isn't fun. We lost a family member a couple of weeks ago to cancer, and it has really made me irrationally wonder about my symptoms.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information