Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Stomach worries

Re: Stomach worries

Stool samples all came back clear - which was weird as my breath test obviously came back positive for H. pylori.

My doctors haven't really said much. Once the test came back positive for H. pylori they prescribed me antibiotics and ant acids, but didn't tell me when I need to go back and re test.

Hi everyone, I hope you've all had a fantastic Christmas and New Year.

I was doing so well. I was. However this past week my stomach ache seems to have returned. Started out with just a little ache once every other day and today has now become constant.

Can't get in to see doctors until Monday, so worrying myself silly that it's stomach cancer :(

Quote Originally Posted by superworried View Post
    Hi everyone, I hope you've all had a fantastic Christmas and New Year.

I was doing so well. I was. However this past week my stomach ache seems to have returned. Started out with just a little ache once every other day and today has now become constant.

Can't get in to see doctors until Monday, so worrying myself silly that it's stomach cancer :(
    I don’t know much about SC but if it was that serious I don’t think it would really come and go

So over the past few days the pain in the stomach has continued, with this evening giving me really bad burning in stomach and a little acid reflux - which I've never had before.

I know having h plyori can increase the risk of stomach cancer. And with these symptoms now on board after I'd already been treated for h plyori, I'm scared this could be it :(

Morning everybody!

Since my last post I went back to the doctors about my stomach. They prescribed me a months worth of a PPI which got rid of the symptoms. It was great. However, I finished my prescription last week but now over the past few days the stomach ache has started to come back :(

Terrified now as it's clearly not cleared up :( :(

PPIs are something many take long term (my wife and I have for years) or, if you come off them, you should wean off. Stopping suddenly can cause a rebound effect with stomach acid. Reflux is not something that just "clears up". It can be a long term issue and is 'treated'. In addition to the PPI, I hope you were making dietary changes and modifications as that's a major contributor to reflux.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

What sort of dietary changes do you mean? I don't drink any alcohol and eat pretty healthily.

Quote Originally Posted by superworried View Post
    What sort of dietary changes do you mean? I don't drink any alcohol and eat pretty healthily.
    That's good, so then it's identifying trigger foods as well as portion size and time of day. Look into the FODMAP diet.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Will take a look into it. Should I go back to the doctor and ask about the PPIs in the meantime?

So just a quick update as I'm currently on work business in Germany and find myself at a loose end and worrying as I lay here in my hotel room. Over the past week my stomach has got even worse. Constant aches and cramping which got really bad on Friday night when my stomach woke me up in the middle of the night (first time ever) with really burning stomach. It took nearly an hour for it to subside but I barely got any sleep and was a mess the next day. I went to the doctors the next day as an emergency appointment who barely prodded me and said I need to have another breath test - but the earliest they can fit me in is two and half weeks away! He prescribed me some tablets that wont effect the breath test, but having taken them now for a day or so they've not really helped. I'm now in another country, worrying about what's going on inside my body. I'm scared it's something serious and my mind is turning to the dreaded C :(

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread Information