Thread: Anxiety from conflict

Anxiety from conflict

This might be kind of long, but just hear me out.

I work at a hospital, and my job is to literally get nurses supplies for them to use on patients. Well, the people who work in the morning were not able to do a specific room, therefore, it was never done. So, when it came time for me to do it, the nurses who were in that room were extremely snappy with me. One of them ripped one of the supplies out of my hand, and then I rolled my eyes because I didn't appreciate that. Then as I was walking away to fill up another room, another nurse literally screamed "don't roll your eyes!!!!" in front of about 6-7 people in the immediate area. I was thinking in my head "so I'm just supposed to take this abuse?" I continued working, but I had to walk away for a while to try and cool off. But, ever since then, I have just been anxious, and at the point of almost crying. This is no the first instance of nurses treating people in my area like complete garbage.

However, I don't think I've ever had a nurse verbally abuse me in that tone. And allegedly, that same nurse asked my coworker who was with me at the time who I was, that she wanted to talk to me, and that I needed to stop rolling my eyes. I called my supervisor and wanted him to talk to the nurses because I don't think I did anything wrong...if I'm being treated in an abusive way, I won't treat you with respect. I don't know what I'm supposed to do...I want to go to HR about it, but they do almost nothing. I would like to contact the CEO himself because I am able to do so - just like almost anyone working there can. I can't eat because I've lost my appetite, I almost want to cry like I said before, I feel like I'm on edge. I don't know what I should do at this moment. I just get so upset because these nurses think that they can talk to my department of co workers any way they want to. They're pleasant with literally everyone else, but they treat us like garbage, like we're slaves. That's why I brought up going right to the CEO because they are representative of the entire hospital. What should I do?

Re: Anxiety from conflict

Hiya, I'm new to the forum and think this post is a good few years old now but I just wanted to say, I completely get it! And good on you for rolling your eyes (my response is usually freeze or fawn). You sound like you've got a healthy sense of self and know that you should not be treated in that way.

Re: Anxiety from conflict

I know the original incidents happened in the USA and back in 2018, but it does really take the mickey when NHS staff (here in the UK) talk 'zero tolerance', but have been known to be blatantly abusive to patients themselves in their care, and fellow colleagues, of course!

Double standards, and all that!

Thread Information