So this is something I was worrying about all the way back when my anxiety started. I was about 14 at the time and I’m now 19. I remember being worried about my eyes because the sun made me see weird shapes (won’t get into that now). So I was googling and came across glaucoma some how and it said as one of the symptoms rainbow rings and halos around lights. It wasn’t till after I read that (yes after) that I noticed them. I started looking at lights and was like “oh yeah I see that” and then proceeded to panic. Or that’s the way I remember it maybe I got them first and then googled but I’m pretty sure it was the other way around, can’t always trust memory though.

Anyway I was worried about that for ages, constantly checking for it. Freaking out over any light I saw. Can’t remember why I stopped worrying about it in the end. I was to scared to get my eyes checked because at the time was convinced they would find a brain tumour. So I just told my self it was normal and got on with life.

Fast forward like 3/4 years to now. Last night I was worried about my temple hurting when I chew and cough and sniff. I have had a bad cold and cough the last week so logically it is just muscle pain, but then I just had to google. It came up with something called “temporal arthritis” which lead me onto glaucoma and reminded me that rings around lights are very much not normal. So now I’m freaking out all over again about something I completely forgot about. I honestly wish google didn’t exist.

I have been turning the light on my phone on and when I look at it there is a blue and green ring around it. There is also halos around street lights and starburst (which I didn’t even know wasn’t normal) around lights. It’s not every light but it’s on bright lights. Now I can’t stop looking at every light and checking for it and I’m convinced I’m going blind.