Thread: Neck lump

Neck lump

In June I read about lymphoma and cancerous lymph nodes and decided to go looking around my body to see if I could find anything (I know recipe for disaster) I dug around in my neck and felt nothing until I tilted my head to the left really far and could feel a tiny lump half the size of my finger tip I dug my fingers in and rubbed the skin so hard testing to see if I had it on the other side I actually made the skin raw and when I went to the doctors to get it checked out in a panic he felt just under where I said I could feel it and told me it wasn’t anything abnormal I’m just worried because he didn’t feel the area I asked him to even though I told him it could only be felt when I turn my head and that he wasn’t feeling it properly. I can’t put this to rest I felt fine when I left then started thinking again and ever since then on and off I’m worried about it. As I said when I keep my head straight and check it the way Doctor’s do with 3 fingers I can’t feel it but if I turn my head my head and dig around I can. Should I get this rechecked or should I put it to rest?

---------- Post added at 20:53 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

I’d say the lump is around 1cm or just under

Re: Neck lump

First off, a layman cannot determine node size. Even trained medical professionals are taking a highly educated guess.

Your post exhibits classic HA behavior with self examination coupled with Dr. Google. I'm a Head and Neck cancer survivor. My cancer spread to the nodes in my neck. I didn't have to crane my neck or poke and prod as it was clearly visible.

Stop poking and prodding and consulting Dr. Google!

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 28-10-18 at 21:08.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Neck lump

Thank you fishmanpa I’ve seen a couple of your answers on posts before I wrote my own and always got reassurance from them and I know you’re right my doctor also told me to stay off google and I’m currently waiting to be referred to counselling so I can get this under control. I realise how ridiculous it sounds and I know that I wouldn’t have to look for anything sinister because it would find me but the anxiety part of my brain always tries to win. I’ll try to not touch it and focus on something else for now.

Thread Information