Thread: HA worst it's ever been, convinced myself I have stage 4 bowel cancer

HA worst it's ever been, convinced myself I have stage 4 bowel cancer

Hi all... again.

This time it's the worst it's ever been. I have EVERY symptom of metastatic bowel cancer going and have done for a while now. I have a diagnostic test in a couple of weeks but I don't know how to keep myself functional until then. I'm 25 so I'm hoping there's some chance it's not bowel cancer. Although I have scoured the internet and found hundreds of stories of people my age who have died of BC. I really don't want to die. I don't want to die.

How do I carry on?

6 years of this HA and it only gets worse every year.

I hate waking up in the morning to face another day of this horrible life

Re: HA worst it's ever been, convinced myself I have stage 4 bowel cancer

Hi there,

Lets be clear here....you more than likely don't HAVE every symptom of stage 4 bowel cancer. Just taking a wild guess here, seeing as you are on an anxiety forum, and have a background of 6 years of HA You have convinced yourself you have the symptoms of a stage 4 disease. I think this is an important distinction to make for anyone on the HA boards. I often read 'I've got cancer', 'I have all the symptoms of X'. No, you THINK you have those symptoms - which doesn't mean you actually have them.

Although I have scoured the internet and found hundreds of stories of people my age who have died of BC. I really don't want to die. I don't want to die.
    That wasn't a good plan was it, to fuel the fire of fear.

So, there is some background missing to this story. If you think you have stage 4 bowel cancer then you've had lots of symptoms going on for a while. What are those symptoms and have you seen a doctor of any type during that time ?I've looked back at your 4 posts on the site and see that you said that only last month you started cbt?

I know how you're feeling, going through same feelings at the moment about pancreatic cancer. Carys' advice above is good for both of us. The google stories throw everything out of perspective, as we never hear about the millions of cases of people with the same symptoms as us which turned out to be nothing. Well that is other than on this site, which is why I try and stick to reading posts here when I'm at my worst, as we are reminded on here of all the times things do turn out to be nothing, or something much more benign than our fears!

Hello...

Just joined today but I can relate to you. I have thought I had so many different forms of cancer, bowel being one of them. If you don’t mind me asking, what are your symptoms? I know you have probably heard this before but please try to stay off google. Even if you think your health anxiety is getting better so you look up symptoms, you’ll go right back to worrying and it’s an endless cycle. Do take care of yourself!

Thread Information