Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SO worried blood in stool and high heart rate

SO worried blood in stool and high heart rate

Hi everyone,

I've had health anxiety for a number of years and also suffer panic attacks but have been improving recently. However, in the last week I have been experiencing bad cramping in my tummy, loose bowel movements many times a day and blood when i go. I've given a stool sample to the drs but waiting for the results.. Last night I went to hospital because the pain was so bad but they said probably ibs and an infection. When I was there I got very panicky and heart rate was around 140bpm and only dropped to about 115bpm. Still I had an ECG which was normal and was allowed home.

I am so scared that i actually have crohns or ulcerative colitis and that there's something wrong with my heart and that I'll never be able to control the panic :( I'm sitting here just constantly monitoring my heart rate and panicking and worrying over my tummy problems

Re: SO worried blood in stool and high heart rate

I've had to go to the doctors today with abdominal pains which have left me doubled up in agony. She said to me if was acid reflux related and doubled my medication of Omeprazole. I am fretting now though about stools myself - apologies if too much information but I went not long ago and half of my stool was this colour and the other part this colour and I'm worrying about that now (even though they are both shades of brown)

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Did either one of you get any test results back? How are you feeling now?

So my stool test came back negative for bacteria which rules out a infection (bacterial) at least but I had raised inflammatory markers. My GP still says viral infection but I think it's been going on too long...I'm really worried I have ibd

Quote Originally Posted by ribbon23 View Post
    So my stool test came back negative for bacteria which rules out a infection (bacterial) at least but I had raised inflammatory markers. My GP still says viral infection but I think it's been going on too long...I'm really worried I have ibd
    Hi ribbon, first of all, step away from monitoring your heart rate - if your ECG in hospital was fine, it means you're fine. If you keep checking in an agitated state, it's bound to be raised.

As for your fears of an IBD, have you spoken to your GP? Asked for some tests? How are your symptoms now?

xx

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:05 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1974 View Post
    I've had to go to the doctors today with abdominal pains which have left me doubled up in agony. She said to me if was acid reflux related and doubled my medication of Omeprazole. I am fretting now though about stools myself - apologies if too much information but I went not long ago and half of my stool was this colour and the other part this colour and I'm worrying about that now (even though they are both shades of brown)
    This happens to me when my stomach is playing up - when I've not been eating good stuff and am a bit constipated I noticed it does this 2 colour weird thing... I also get acid reflux and when it's really bad, stool is quite yellow. Apparently it's because the acid reflux means you're digesting a lot quicker and not in the best way so it doesn't have enough time to absorb the correct things hence the yellow colour. Once I start treating mine they go back to normal colour.

symptoms are still the same :( still having around 5 bowel movements a day that have blood in most of the time and cramping. Feeling so worried and depressed. Don't see how it can be an infection.

Quote Originally Posted by ribbon23 View Post
    symptoms are still the same :( still having around 5 bowel movements a day that have blood in most of the time and cramping. Feeling so worried and depressed. Don't see how it can be an infection.
    This isn't quite bowel related, but infections and viruses CAN cause weird symptoms

I was peeing bloody urine and it hurt LIKE HELL every time I went to toilet a few years ago, like the muscles in my you-know-what HURT badly. And I sent a urine test off after a GP appointment and it was apparently a viral infection

It didn't make sense to me but the tests don't lie.. viruses/infections can just cause those sort of symptoms I guess

But could a viral infection really last this long? It's been 2 weeks now :(

I was told by my doctor the other week that they can take up to 4 weeks to shift.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information