Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stiff neck

Stiff neck

Yesterday when I was laying in bed I turned my head to look for my phone and I felt a big flash of pain and then my neck like seized up and has been stiff ever since. And by stiff I mean I can barely look left or right, and can't look down at all. The can't look down part is worrying me a little because it doesn't seem common? I'm not really freaked out thinking it's meningitis because I feel like I would have more symptoms by now. No headache, fever, etc.

What freaks me out is I've never had it stiff all ways. IDK what to. I've already been icing it, TENS machine, heat, and I went and got a massage today. Still just as painful as yesterday. Sleeping is unbearable. Has anyone had this? What did you do? Just wait? I'm freaking out it'll be like this forever.

Re: Stiff neck

Doesn't seem common? You just described something I go through maybe 4 times a year. Literally everyone I know has had that happen to them at some point. Very common and it can hurt for a few days too, just a neck spasm.

I have neck pain every day !

It takes time to heal.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    I have neck pain every day!
    So do I and mine will never heal. You pulled a muscle. Give it time.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Oh I have neck pain mostly every day too. But bearable annoying neck pain. This is terrrrrrrrible. I'm not really worried like hypochondria worried, just freaking out I'm going to be like this for a long time. I can't move it it in any direction. Usually it's like can't turn it to one side. I just want to be able to look down mostly. Blah.

Starting to freak out because I got it some better before bed by more massage and stretching. Go to sleep and try multiple pillows through the night and even a different bed and still wake up with it just as stiff as before. All progress gone. Idk what to do, I have to sleep. What is causing this ugh. I feel like going to the doctor is only going to get me muscle relaxers.

Quote Originally Posted by megan91 View Post
    Starting to freak out because I got it some better before bed by more massage and stretching. Go to sleep and try multiple pillows through the night and even a different bed and still wake up with it just as stiff as before. All progress gone. Idk what to do, I have to sleep. What is causing this ugh. I feel like going to the doctor is only going to get me muscle relaxers.
    This exact thing has happened to me for decades. It is neck spasms, and they will pass, just try to relax. It is seriously no big deal, the doctor can't do much, if anything for you. Better off going to a massage therapist or chircopractor if anything. ;-)

It's just affecting my daily life pretty big right now, I'm trying to relax about it. Thankfully it loosened since this morning. Still really bad but not as bad as when I woke up. I went to a massage therapist yesterday but she was not very good. It was more of a rub than anything. I may try another one or (although I've never done it) go to the people in the mall who look like they really dig deep haha. A little hesitant to though, I don't want to make it worse.

Ugh I'm starting to panic. It's 4am and I've slept two hours and I'm in agony. I'm terrified it's something serious. This can't be normal muscle spasms because I know I'm sleeping on it fine. Terrified it's a spinal tumor or something. Pain is waking me up at night. I'm just sitting here panicking plus in so much pain.
    Last edited by megan91; 31-10-18 at 08:50.

Hot showers, voltarol, pain killers and time. Injuries take time to heal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information