Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition To Further Restrict Fireworks (UK)

Re: Petition To Further Restrict Fireworks (UK)

Always makes me laugh when we bang on about the country's "austerity" and then we burn a small fortune celebrating the New Year on the South Bank in London...

I loved my family's modest firework display in our garden on November 5th as a child. Things certainly were much simpler then. Now it's all Bigger and Better and Louder and Flashier..

Bah humbug..

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Hi all,

Just seen this pop up in my Change.org petitions and thought it would be of interest to people on here.

Many of us have pets or care for animals so we understand how this can upset them. Some have anxiety issues where loud bangs set them off, I used to have my issues with this when my GAD was much worse. Some of you may be on the Autistic spectrum or have loved ones who are and may struggle with these noises.

https://www.change.org/p/office-for-...ons_share_skip

I'm at the stage now where I don't see much point in them. We did our garden displays when we were kids. But now maybe it's time to shift it to public displays only remove fireworks from sale?

There are too many idiots around who let them off in the daytime or the middle of night let alone the ones who cause housefires and other problems.
    Terry l have already signed this l totally agree with you,my poor doggies are abosultey petrified l am not against people enjoying bonfire night, but it goes on for weeks and fireworks in the wrong hands are lethal xx

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Always makes me laugh when we bang on about the country's "austerity" and then we burn a small fortune celebrating the New Year on the South Bank in London...

I loved my family's modest firework display in our garden on November 5th as a child. Things certainly were much simpler then. Now it's all Bigger and Better and Louder and Flashier..

Bah humbug..
    Austerity for the many, not the few

Besides they have to compete with other capital cities around in the world in an ego driven "who's got the bigger rocket" competition

Must be a compensation thing...you need a female mayor.

---------- Post added at 01:38 ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MRS STRESS ED View Post
    Terry l have already signed this l totally agree with you,my poor doggies are abosultey petrified l am not against people enjoying bonfire night, but it goes on for weeks and fireworks in the wrong hands are lethal xx
    It's getting plenty of signatures, it went up about 70k over 2 days and it was already 150k by then.

---------- Post added at 01:42 ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pain View Post
    I can’t see any point to modern fireworks other than them being status symbols for folks who should know better and 'toys' for irritating gits who’ll never know anything.

We used to have a family do on bonfire night. It was only ever November-the-fifth, (unless that was a Sunday, then it would be on the Saturday – the power of respect for Sundays). We’d all stand round watching a badly-made scarecrow getting burnt to ash while we ate cremated spuds – it was great fun (things were so much simpler then)!

If it’s blowing things up you’re into, there are are far cheaper alternatives to fireworks at £££££s a throw (no I won't tell you, because it's anti-social behaviour).

Yes, let’s ban the lot
    Careful, you'll cause someone at GCHQ to knock their coffee off their desk when they suddenly wake up to a noisy alarm.

Surely in these over offended times we should be seeing a backlash against burning a man fighting for Catholicism? It's not very tolerant and liberal. It does make a lot of money though

I have a green round the back of where i live, lastnight just as my Partner and Boy got home i opened the front door to let them in. At that exact moment the morons over the other side of the green started a firework display on the green. These fireworks were proper industrial things that made the windows rattle. One of my cats that's an indoor cat bolted out the door. It took us nearly 2hrs to find her. We eventually found her quivering under a parked car. What happened to catherine wheels and sparklers.

Horrible experience and very upsetting as it made my Boy and Partner cry. Thought we had lost our cat.
    Last edited by BikerMatt; 03-11-18 at 17:57.

Horrible experience for you all but especially for your poor cat, Matt. I hope she is ok now-we had an indoor cat too and it must have been terrible just knowing she was not used to the outside and would be quite terrified.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Absolutely unacceptable and those ultra-loud explosive fireworks should be BANNED! They terrify pets and those with noise sensitivity

If that's the only BANG some people will get, they need to look elsewhere

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Horrible experience for you all but especially for your poor cat, Matt. I hope she is ok now-we had an indoor cat too and it must have been terrible just knowing she was not used to the outside and would be quite terrified.
    She's fine now Pulisa and thanks for asking. She and her sister sometimes venture out into the back garden if we're out there in the Summer but never venture far from the door.

Horrible experience for her, my boy, partner and me.

I don't know where people could get hold of fireworks like that, they were proper professional things.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMatt View Post
    I have a green round the back of where i live, lastnight just as my Partner and Boy got home i opened the front door to let them in. At that exact moment the morons over the other side of the green started a firework display on the green. These fireworks were proper industrial things that made the windows rattle. One of my cats that's an indoor cat bolted out the door. It took us nearly 2hrs to find her. We eventually found her quivering under a parked car. What happened to catherine wheels and sparklers.

Horrible experience and very upsetting as it made my Boy and Partner cry. Thought we had lost our cat.
    Wen't out and had a look on the green earlier and they've left all the shite behind, boxes etc. If it's still there tomorrow, i WILL BE launching it over their fence, MORONS!

My son and daughter were at an organised display in Woking Park this evening and the whole place has been evacuated as a major incident has taken place at the funfair..Rumour has it that the helter skelter collapsed..The air ambulance is on the scene..Truly awful. Apparently it's being reported in the national press so the vultures have already pounced on a potentially tragic event.

That's awful Pulisa, I hope nobody was badly hurt, especially kiddies

Re fireworks at home, it's something we didn't have to suffer while living in Germany because of course Guy fawkes is part of our history not theirs. They have them mostly at New Year, so it's not something I was looking forward to coming back to...but so far there hasn't been any of the problems of the past. Not being able to buy them until the last few weeks helps I guess.

Cath ☺

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information