Thread: No longer feel like myself :(

No longer feel like myself :(

Now health anxiety is once again coming to an end, I no longer feel like myself, constantly depressed and isolated.

I feel like i've lost interest in all my hobbies and anything that i've enjoyed. I figured that out the other day when I was trainspotting (that is, or was my favourite hobby), because when I got to the train station I started to feel like I wanted to go home, along with a sad feeling..Then when I got home, I had nothing to do, so I went to play a video game, and lost interest in that, and ended up just laying in bed for the rest of the day.

Its almost as if I can't feel anymore. I can't feel myself and my personality seems to be fading, as if i'm just not myself.

My parents have tried to get in touch with a counselor - but they keep telling us 'its not severe enough', or putting us on the longest waiting list ever, and then when I go to the doctor, they simply recommend counseling.

My sleep issues are still here too - I get 5 hours on a night if i'm lucky. I carried on thinking I had SFI, but I have realized its a 7.6 billion to 1 chance, so I have stopped obsessively worrying about that now..But now its the aftermath. The damage it has inflicted. Self consciousness is also worse than ever, mixed with the hormones of growing up, as my mum tells me.

My family are very supportive of me and I am grateful for that, this forum and it's community has also helped me a lot and I am equally as grateful for that as well, but I really need professional help and the waiting list is huge (the shortest I believe is 18 months) or they just won't listen at all..

I have the feeling I am on the brink of a breakdown again..

Re: No longer feel like myself :(

Hey how are things getting on?-I'm also going through a similar phase, it feels like it'll never end at that I'm a shell of myself, it's hard to see positives, let alone carry on. Hope you're feeling a bit better than when you made this post.

Im feeling this way also, its really tough. I spent the day in bed too, I hope it is just momentary and wont last long. I want to feel like myself, I cant do any of my daily tasks, my head just wanders to my saddest thoughts. :( hope you are feeling better now

My heart goes out to you, because I've been there myself and I know how horrible it feels not to be interested in the things you used to be passionate about.

What I would say, though, is that you need to give yourself time to heal. Health anxiety is exhausting, and if you're just coming to the end of a bad patch it's not surprising your tired.

What I try to tell myself at times like these is that it's okay to take time out from the world and sleep as much as I need, because sooner or later I'll make it through and come out the other side.

Be kind to yourself, okay?

I know what thats like right now I dont want to leave my bed or my room. I lost interest in things for awhile. Get plenty of rest and eat even if its to drink a smoothie.

Thread Information