Thread: Right ovary Pain - Really worried - Please Help

Right ovary Pain - Really worried - Please Help

Hi all, so I’m 21, and I’ve started having some dull pain in my ovaries on Friday. It slowly got more intense and I am nowhere near the end or middle of my cycle. It got intense on Sunday enough to bring me to urgent care. As it was on my right side they recommended I go to the ER. Which I did, I got a CT scan, a blood test, a urine sample and all the test came back sort of clear. The only thing they found was fluid on my right ovary, probably from a cyst that ruptured. They said though if I still had pain in two days, to go to my gynecologist. I went on tuesday morning, and all she did was prescribe me a 24 day pack of birth control pills. She also had me go do an ultrasound which is tomorrow. Then I have to wait for the results to make sure it is just fluid irritating my perotenium instead of a big cyst or anything.

The worry I have is that my pain is just slowly getting worse today, and I’m really worried the CT scan just missed a small cyst or something. I never had the usual pain that comes with a cyst - a sharp pain then quick resolving. Rather this pain has been dull but slowly sharpening and I’m getting waves of intensity. I’m just like really worried about it and I haven’t taken any pain medicine for it yet. I’m just really worried and would appreciate if anyone experienced anything like this. Please let me know!

Re: Right ovary Pain - Really worried - Please Help

I'm sorry you are going through this. I had a similar problem a few months ago. It was earlier than my usual ovulation pain. It was literally a stabbing pain right where my right ovary was. I was terrified. I remember praying this it would go away and it did. It last two days straight. A CT scan can pick up something that's even 1 millimeter. I doubt it would have missed anything harmful to be honest.
    Did you do anything that could have strained your right side? Any new exercises? I'm trying to think if it's something similar as a muscular strain...

Re: Right ovary Pain - Really worried - Please Help

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Regards

Elen Admin

Thread Information