Hello everyone

Like, i'm sure, many of you, one of my main "go-to" depression thoughts is that every day is a struggle, that I just get up, fight my way through feeling rubbish, spend all day sat in an office, come home, rinse and repeat etc.

What tricks or techniques do any of you have to help with those mornings when you feel low and the mind just wants to dwell in those depressed, hopeless, "what is the point in doing this every day" places?

(obviously asking for a friend...totally not feeling like that this morning or anything. No indeed.)

Personally, I try to think about having at least a couple of "positive" (i.e. better than the nothing I would have if I were dead!) things each day. i try to consciously notice them - even if it is just managing to go to the gym to help my body be healthier, or a positive interaction with a colleague. Then I think of each day like a bead on a necklace. And the colour, shape, beauty of that bead is something I make by my actions during the day (note that it is my ACTIONS that matter - it is irrelevant how I might be feeling inside - those thoughts and sensations are so transient and meaningless - but my actions do have meaning). And once the day is over, you push that bead down the chain, and set about making a new one. At the end of your life, there will be this thing you have created, with thousands of beads on it (apparently the average person lives about 27,000 days in total - so it is not actually that many!). Your life is therefore a creative act. Even on the darkest days, when the bead may be close to black, there are still opportunities to add a hint of a sparkle, or a fleck of gold.

Anyway - anyone else have any nice tips or tricks to help?