Thread: Shedding hair like crazy

Shedding hair like crazy

Hi, I should start by saying one month ago today my father died :-( almost immediately after I found a bald spot underneath my hair only noticeable if you go looking. Ive had alopecia for like 35 years very mild like I just described and its been years since Ive noticed a spot.
    I chalked it up to the stress of my horrible loss. But recently Ive noticed a lot of hair shedding like way more than normal. Im freaking out of course. I know it can happen after a stressful event but it says that wouldn't happen for like 3 months. Now Im scared Im going bald and its consuming my thoughts.
    Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge on this??
    Thank you!!!

Re: Shedding hair like crazy

So sorry for the loss of your dad xxx Youve obviously been under a lot of stress which is going to cause your hair to fall out. You also mention you've got mild alopecia, the stress and heartache of your father passing away has probably trigged it. The last couple of months ive noticed a couple of patches on my head and my hairs thinning - ive been under stress st work so just put it down to that.
    Maybe try some hair and nail tablets? I use a coconut oil hair mask twice a week that i leave in over night. Its done wonders to my hair.

Lots of love xxx

Thread Information