Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Testicular Cancer

Re: Testicular Cancer

Where I live, if you call when the surgery opens at 8.15, you should get an appointment at some point in the day.

You have had this worry for 5 months though so why haven't you been before?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Oh just read that you are 17 - no chance it is cancer then at that age.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Testicular cancer is the most common cancer though for men aged 15-44. It affects roughly 1 in 250, but it is more common the younger you are.

I did go to see a doctor in November, who said everything was fine. This lump I'm talking about tonight I noticed about a week ago, thought I could move it, but now not so sure I can.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

So are you going to spend the rest of your life checking your balls every day worrying about cancer?

Speak to your GP about meds for your anxiety as the CBT you were supposedly having obviously hasn't helped.

Never Surrender, Comrade

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Call your doctor, tell him to prescribe a med to help you with your anxiety. You have to do something and nothing left to lose

Positive thoughts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD71 View Post
    Right I will do within the week.
    ^^^ That was in November

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    So are you going to spend the rest of your life checking your balls every day worrying about cancer?
    Maybe he wants to become a professional ball player Practice can get you into the big leagues and JAD is just dedicated to his sport

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by JAD71 View Post
    Testicular cancer is the most common cancer though for men aged 15-44. It affects roughly 1 in 250, but it is more common the younger you are.
    As is typical with health anxiety, you twisted some statistics online into a something completely incorrect. Here's what it says on cancer.org:
    The American Cancer Society’s estimates for testicular cancer in the United States for 2019 are:

• About 9,560 new cases of testicular cancer diagnosed.

Testicular cancer is not common: about 1 of every 250 males will develop testicular cancer at some point during their lifetime.

The average age at the time of diagnosis of testicular cancer is about 33. This is largely a disease of young and middle-aged men, but about 6% of cases occur in children and teens, and about 8% occur in men over the age of 55.
    So your number here is 6% of new cases. If there are 9,560 new cases this year, 6% of those will be in 18yr olds or less. Meaning there will be approximately 500 cases in the entire USA of teenagers getting it. We've got a total population of 300 million+. That leaves a population 18 and younger at about 75 million. About half are male (37 million). So - 500 children out of 37,000,000 will get testicular cancer this year. So your odds are literally about 1 in 800,000 (I'm just estimating so my math isn't gonna be perfect here). Yes these are USA numbers but I can't imagine any reason the UK rates would be any different.

Go get help for your anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post

Speak to your GP about meds for your anxiety as the CBT you were supposedly having obviously hasn't helped.
    CBT did help. For the most part, I would say I'm over health anxiety, this is the only health worry I have had for a while, compared to October/November time when I had about 6 or 7 at once. I'm unable to get anxiety meds from the doctor because I'm under 18.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread Information