Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Testicular Cancer

Re: Testicular Cancer

Call your doctor, tell him to prescribe a med to help you with your anxiety. You have to do something and nothing left to lose

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Right I will do within the week. Maybe this is because I don't wait to fully empty?

Well just after peeing now I dried away the moisture after I thought I was done. Looked about a minute/minute and a half later, and there it was! Why? Why does this keep happening?

I keep getting these "flash aches" in my testicles that are driving me mad and making me worried. The ache will last literally a second and go, but it will be several times over a few minutes. One Monday and Tuesday they were all in my left, and the last two days have been in the right. I've had two whilst writing this. I'm sick of the battle. AND PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF CHRIST DON'T JUST SAY WHAT AM I DOING ABOUT MY ANXIETY, I DON'T CARE I'VE SAID IT SO MANY TIMES. GIVE ME ANSWERS.

I explained to him I can feel a lump, he examined me and said all was well. He made me feel very reassured and you could tell he knew his stuff. He still asked me if I wanted an ultrasound which I turned down, but anxieties have crept back in, like what if he missed the lump? He said he thinks it's the epididymis I'm feeling even though I don't think it is. It doesn't seem like the right place. He said it expands with the more sperm present, and at times my lump does seem to do that, and it does feel like a tube.

Remember this ? These are your words. So he offered you an ultrasound, and you turned it down. So, why not just ask for that ultrasound? Maybe that will be the end of it. Well, you should make it the end of it anyway

It's too embarassing to go back and ask for it. And anyway, I'm scared it'll come back showing cancer

And anyway, I'm scared it'll come back showing cancer
    Well look, don't even bother going in, just send a letter to the doctor and say 'you offered me an ultrasound....I've changed my mind...yes please arrange one'. So, are you saying that you'd rather die of cancer than get a simple scan? IF it were cancer, which is incredibly hugely mammothly unlikely, (especially after the GP has given you a very good going over, taken your symptoms, and is very knowledgeable as you yourself said) then you would need an operation right? and some treatment. Avoidance is not the way to go with anything....and I tell you think for your future life, not for anything going on now. As it happens, with early treatment, testicular cancer is one THE most cureable - 98% survival rate in your very age range. I'm not saying all this to make you believe that you have this cancer, but telling you that hiding from things in the future is not a good idea. There are lots of other likely reasons for your symptoms, and maybe the scan would help with that ?

I don't know what more we can say to you. If you won't organise the scan offered, what can we do? We are an anxiety forum, and not a medical forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Remember this ? These are your words. So he offered you an ultrasound, and you turned it down. So, why not just ask for that ultrasound? Maybe that will be the end of it. Well, you should make it the end of it anyway
    TBH, a doctor can feel testicular cancer very quickly and easily on physical exam. There’s nothing there. If the OP gets an ultrasound, he either won’t believe it or will find a new fear....which he already has as of yesterday.

TBH, a doctor can feel testicular cancer very quickly and easily on physical exam. There’s nothing there. If the OP gets an ultrasound, he either won’t believe it or will find a new fear....which he already has as of yesterday.

I absolutely agree with you on this fact. However, I was more wondering (and I don't have that particular appendage lol) if there were other internal thingies in teenager-hood that could cause the problems he has? (that might show up on a scan).

---------- Post added at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:15 ----------

Maybe I should stay out of 'territories' that I know nothing about....

Ahhha, yes, just seen the 'lump on forehead thread'. Ta for that.

---------- Post added at 16:19 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

TBH, a doctor can feel testicular cancer very quickly and easily on physical exam.

Ahhhh ok, right, then thats all good then isn't it.....

Maybe I should stay out of 'territories' that I know nothing about....

Yes, just seen the 'lump on forehead thread'. Ta for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post

[/COLOR]Maybe I should stay out of 'territories' that I know nothing about....:
    Hahaha! Well played

Oh yeah, it’s a sensitive area. There’s a painful swelling of the tubes behind that causes anything from soreness to sharp pains...Epididymitis. And like anything else, sometimes the boys just hurt for no apparent reason!

Generally anything you read about TC describes it as a painless lump anyway.....

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information