I thought maybe we needed a misc. thread that isn't about Trump or Brexit so we can talk about general politics. I know politics can be divisive so I thought a very obvious titled thread would mean that folks can avoid if they hate politics though Im pretty keen that people don't hide their head in the sand regards politics.

This week I've noticed a couple of different things: -
#1 George Osbourne appears to have changed his views on a lot of things. He thinks that all the following were wrong. He was wrong over the banking crisis, immigration targets, EU referendum, & to wish Theresa May ill. He also thinks that the Philip Hammond budget was wrong footed, trying to our Corbyn Corbyn by spending on public services etc in an unsustainable manner. So basically he thinks his Tories under Cameron & himself were wrong & he thinks the current Tories under Theresa May are wrong.

#2 Tony Blair thinks that Jeremy Corbyn is wrong, he thinks that Brexit is wrong, he thinks that Corbyn & Momentums leadership of the Labour party & of impact on policy is ending up with an unelectable party though he did vote Labour & for Corbyn in the last election. He doesn't apologise for getting things wrong though in his 10 years as PM. Though to be fair he did some good stuff until he went puppy dog into George W Bushs outstretched arms.

But this leaves us in a situation where half the Tory party are not behind the Tory leader and half the Labour party are not behind the Labour leader, but also any alternative Leadership would likely have the same problems.

it feels like we are going through huge change in the country & we are in a position where a lot of our political leadeship is very weak. Theresa May under siege, Jeremy Corbyn under siege, now Nicola Sturgeon is under siege as well, Vince Cable & the Lib Dems have huge finance and membership problems ........... It all just feels very messy amongst the political classes