Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: is there a difference between suicidal thoughts and simply not wishing to carry on?

Re: is there a difference between suicidal thoughts and simply not wishing to carry o

Quote Originally Posted by mark84 View Post
    The ever so brilliant drop in therapy service has turned me away, the ladies were kind about it, told me the rules changed last year, there's a 4 week waiting list, I've told her I'm not sure I'll be here by then and so now it's the crisis team. Just in tears, it's incredibly cruel having your health service turn you away, it's harmed me even more, I have a very low self worth. I felt sorry for the lady because she had to see me go in tears.
    Mark, of course you'll be here in 4 weeks! Please don't say such things! I'm here for you, please reach out. I'm here for you 24/7
    x

Re: is there a difference between suicidal thoughts and simply not wishing to carry o

Quote Originally Posted by Suziewuzie View Post
    Oh Mark that's really rough. When are the crisis team seeing you now then? What a huge knock that is after mustering the strength to go. I know it feels like you can't hang on & it's scary, but what can you do right now to make today seem a little impossible? Do that. Keep your loved ones in the loop too - tell them what happened today & how it's made you feel. Now is the time to draw on every last ounce of energy that you have even though it seems impossible & futile. It's not futile, there are people in your world who need you to do it and they really need to know how you feel x
    Quote Originally Posted by ana View Post
    Mark, of course you'll be here in 4 weeks! Please don't say such things! I'm here for you, please reach out. I'm here for you 24/7
    x
    thanks so much for both replies. It has been a very bad day, after all that I just feel more isolated and worse than ever. I don't even think they're bothered what happens. I've just got to call my GP for more anti depressants.

---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

The gp has sent me to accident and emergency

Keep us updated Mark, drop me a message if you need to distract yourself - I'll keep my eyes peeled. Do your family know you're there? X

Thanks so much everyone, it has been a tough day, but I'm feeling much more like myself already. I spoke to a psychiatric nurse for quite some time, I'm doubling my citalopram dose tomorrow and starting talking therapy next week.

I'm glad you were able to speak at length to a psych nurse, Mark and it's good news that you won't have to wait that long for therapy. You obviously live in an excellent area to access help. I know that every day seems like a year when you are desperate for help though. How are you feeling this morning? I'm sure you are aware that doubling your meds dose could make you feel worse at first.

Just to update you all, the doctor was really kind about what had happened, he has upped the citalopram (thanks for the heads up Pulisa ) and there's a little organisation partially funded through the lotto that is going to help me with therapy
    I feel better than I have in some time, thanks to each and everyone of you who replied, you all helped more than you know.

How are you, Mark?

Glad things are looking up for you Mark

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    How are you, Mark?
    Quote Originally Posted by aprilmoon View Post
    Glad things are looking up for you Mark
    I'm not amazing, but I'm better than I was, which is what I'm focusing on. I went out a little yesterday with friends and I actually managed to sit still and enjoy and concentrate on an hour of tv without my mind running away with thoughts. I've had a few panic attacks this morning, but not the never ending ones of the past two weeks, so it's a relief in that sense

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information