Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Purple veins on chest

Re: Think I have Leukimia

I appreciate the words people I really do. Thank you. I’m seeing a dermatologist tomorrow which has cost me a bomb but maybe more importantly I’m booked in for some cbt in a couple of weeks

Good work on the CBT. And maybe the dermatologist will find some benign, mundane skin issue and help you feel better.

Thanks for the replies guys. They do help. I’m seeing a dermatologist tomorrow and also I’m booked in to start cbt in a couple of weeks. I’ve had anxiety since a teen maybe it will actually help fingers crossed

Well the dermatologist just kept telling me I’m healthy and fine. I do have leaking blood vessels that are mainly brown in my feet now. And also they have spread up my legs with a few others dotted around me. As well as more cherry anigomas and viable thread veins over my nose cheeks and chest. All seemed to appear within one month.
    Even so he’s still convinced I’m fine and annoyingly didn’t want to do any tests just sent me away.
    I feel a bit out of breath today and I’m unsure to even believe the dr but this could also be part of health anxiety. I think I’d be fine if I didn’t have blood shot eyes and the thread veins appearing too.

Maybe I’ll get over this fear one day if I start fearing another illness;(

Quote Originally Posted by Josua View Post
    Well the dermatologist just kept telling me I’m healthy and fine. I do have leaking blood vessels that are mainly brown in my feet now. And also they have spread up my legs with a few others dotted around me. As well as more cherry anigomas and viable thread veins over my nose cheeks and chest. All seemed to appear within one month.
    Even so he’s still convinced I’m fine and annoyingly didn’t want to do any tests just sent me away.
    I feel a bit out of breath today and I’m unsure to even believe the dr but this could also be part of health anxiety. I think I’d be fine if I didn’t have blood shot eyes and the thread veins appearing too. (
    Well you've had a good look by experts who are trained to spot red flags. I'll say it again, the disease you're fearing is not obscure, and if someone you've seen thought there was just a 1% chance you had it you'd be sent off for further investigation. You're fine.

Maybe I’ll get over this fear one day if I start fearing another illness;
    Or when the CBT goes well and you find coping mechanisms to get past faulty thinking and allow yourself to accept that you're OK and stop scrutinising and misinterpreting your body for a disease you don't have.

Update - Had a couple more freak outs. Been back to drs twice first doc prescribed beta blockers which have helped so much.. Suggested I start cbt and take an ssri. Went to main gp to ask and also to get referred for another blood test as it’s been a month and I’m still getting these red/brown dots and thread veins and bloodshot eyes. I still feel physically fine.
    Main gp said no ssri! First cbt and review. And no extra blood test first results were perfect and platelets were at 380k which is high but normal - no blood clotting issue.

I feel somewhat better and I’m no longer getting night sweats even though temp is the same etc.. a dr checked my temperature as I kept feeling really warm and getting skin burning sensations especially in my ears and hands face etc. My temp was bang on average even so...
    My bloodshot eyes seem to be decreasing a little since and I’m going to go out and exercise today.

I was so convinced I had something like leukimia or vasculitis... I’m still not 100% back to normal but I do feel better.
    If this really is nothing I feel so silly wasting so many drs time and wasting nearly a grand on private appointments, but I’ll feel so much better about living again !

The worst symptoms yet

Over the years I’ve had so many! Dizziness. Weird feelings when walking like I’m walking on pillows. Heavy legs/arms. Instant flu like symptoms that last an hour. Feeling really cold when it’s not. Feeling really warm when it’s not. Burning hands/ ears/ feet.. dizziness when sitting down like the seat is going to swallow me. Muscle twitches which turned into benign fasciculation syndrome. Cramps in my calf’s. Trembles. Chest pains for 5 months. Thinking I’m seeing things! Vision goes wavey?? The list is endless...
    My recent ones have been the worst by far.. Real petechia on my feet and legs as well as lot’s of new cherry anigomas. Had it all checked out and aparantly I’m fine.. ofc I don’t believe it but hopefully the petechia is clearing up after a couple of months of having that.. bloodshot eyes itchy skin have also been a part of this. I’m only 26 but have had a feeling I’m going to die young for so long.

Anyone relate to all this madness ?

Currently sat in a and e awaiting my verdict... had bleeding gums and heavy night sweats as well as racing pulse I’ve never been so scared in my life

Quote Originally Posted by Josua View Post
    Currently sat in a and e awaiting my verdict... had bleeding gums and heavy night sweats as well as racing pulse I’ve never been so scared in my life
    I hope you get answers, but A&E really isn't the right place for this... It's neither an accident or emergency. Hopefully someone there sees the mental health implications of this fear.

Did you ever get the CBT started?

BFS and Petechiae : Don’t worry!

Hi, I’ve had a recent leukimia/lymphoma/ vasculitis scare which sent me straight back into the dark ages so I’d thought I’d try and stop a few people from worrying if I can.

First let’s talk muscle twitching...It started for me when I was 23.. After long walks I’d get home sit down and my calves would pop like popcorn. Next my eyelid started twitching every damn second I was awake. Then after a stressful flight I noticed small muscle twitches here there and everywhere. Sheer panic set in I was getting thousands a day in any and every muscle and places I didn’t even no had muscles. I had buzzing in my feet similar to a PlayStation controllers feedback. I was researching like crazy and of course getting more and more symptoms. I was out for the count with anxiety and depression for a year with this. After all ALS/MND is a slow progressing disease right so I can only be sure after 5 years of worry if it’s benign or mnd...So I thought.
    Here is all of the symptoms I experienced with this. Which by the way is called benign fasciculation syndrome. It’s a nerve hyperexcitibility pottentioallt caused by anxiety.
    -muscle twitches, muscle vibrations, tremors, muscle jerks..especially ankles/legs., pre cramps feelings especially quads/calves, shaking like a shitting dog after lifting weights, sore muscles from doing seemingly nothing, fatigue, excerise intollerance, pins and needles and creepy crawly feelings, itching, burning sensations, pseudo clonus, perceived muscle wasting... the list goes on and on I still have BFS it’s a real thing.. it’s not in your head. However! The real symptoms I still get are twitching maybe 40 times a day and shakes still especially with exercise (worse than before pre bfs - a little is normal) the rest were either stress response or made up from my anxious state of mind. Very very real at the time though. Please visit bfs recovery on Facebook if you have any concerns. My names josh emery search for me I’ll set you straight on any muscle twitch worries.
    Next..
    Red dots on the skin... Petechiae, purapura. Whatever you want to call it. Started 3 months ago when I noticed lots of new cambell de Morgan spots/ cherry angiomas on my hands arms. Chest, even scalp. (I think this came from sheer panic over another illness.. good old hiv a hypochondriacs go to) now then these cherry angiomas blanch okay. So when you press / pull on the skin they fade and quickly return when you let go. They are bright red. They start small but they can grow ! They might be slightly raised but all of mine are not. They look like they are under the skin. Some sources state they should all be raised, this is false. They come from clusters of new capillaries forming near the skin which is a normal process however stress can bring these out and in massive eruptions too! I have 40 ish?? I absolutely shit myself with these.. turns out my girlfriend has about 40 just on one arm! She’s covered and doesn’t care one bit. I never even noticed until I went looking for them and some of hers are quite big. So no need to fear these one bit. Completely benign. Don’t waste your time researching I’ve done it all for you. Now.. petechia I’ve got them on my feet and legs up to my knees. They appear all over my feet especially near my toes and around my ankles and a smattering of them all up my legs. Bright red and small they do not blanch. They get better over night when lying down and slowly get worse throughout the day. Recurrent lesions have now been stained brown from iron deposits from the leaking RBC’s new red dots fade in a day or two I can have 100s on each leg some days and barely visible the next apart from the brown. Ladies and gentleman this is called capilaritus. Small capillaries become a little inflamed and leak red blood cells causing the small red dots. Happens in the lower legs due to gravity causing excess pressure in the veins down there! This is commmon in young adults. People who stand all day. It can also happen from drinking often or certain meds. It can also be caused by low platelets due to something like itp however there would usually be other signs such as bleeding nose. Cuts bleeding real bad, bruising , gums bleeding. Just get 1 cbc to check those levels and if they are fine your fine. If it’s itp don’t worry you only need steroids to boost them back up and monitor ..

These had me so freaked out and so stressed that I developed also
    - loads of new thread veins and visible small veins on chest and shoulders / neck
    - very bloodshot eyes
    -tounge was all cracked and red dots all over it
    -fatigue
    -was so worried I’d get night sweats I started getting night sweats
    -increased pulse and higher bp
    - the last straw- bleeding gums!
    All of this sent me in to meltdown I spent over a grand on private drs and loads of nhs drs too I had blood tests and opionion after opinion . The inal straw was bleeding gums and night sweats I woke up at 1am covered and went to a and e . They checked for everything as I was hysterical. Of course I was fine. Blood tests perfect. Sent me away with a script for beta blockers to help settle my body and lower my high no and pulse from the stress filled abyss it was in.

My bleeding gums were a result of my own worry. I’ve always had bleeding gums when brushing teeth. Thus was scared to go near my gums when I had this as all of a sudden it was a bad sign for me.. therefore the plaque built up around my gums and caused inflammation which then led to random bleeding without even touching them. The bloodshot eyes and thread veins a manifestation of inflammation in the capillaries from all of the strsss. Not a good state to get myself in at all.

I hope this helps people realise just how seemingly ominous symptoms are and feel as if you have everything wrong a lot of the time it can be anxiety related or at least anxiety is making everything a lot worse. Normal people don’t even notice stuff like this or care about it. We are freaks and we need to look out for each other.

Feel free to contact me
    Josh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information